Dancing In The Rain// Sodapop Curtis

(A/N: Present-day Jade here. If this imagine seems a little weird, it's because I got the random urge to edit)

Hailey's pov

Sometimes you just gotta get out, away from everything and everyone. A break from reality. Sometimes you just have to forget even if it's the hardest thing to do.

Without a second thought, I grabbed my keys off of the countertop and rushed out the door. The autumn breeze felt cool against my skin as I ran to my truck. I jumped into the driver's seat and stuck the key into the ignition. The leather seat rumbled beneath me as my hands gripped the cold wheel. I shifted the truck into reverse and backed out of the driveway. I moved fast before my parents could run after me.

The tires screeched against the wet pavement as I turned the wheel. A million thoughts ran through my head. I was relying on a late-night drive to calm my nerves. My headlights reflected onto the puddles in the road. My tires splashed into the water. I eventually pulled my car to a stop next to a sidewalk. The street lights were on but the porch lights were off. No one could've been awake at this hour. 

I turned off my truck and my shoes splashed into a puddle as I walked into the empty road. I took a deep breath as I attempted to slow down and clear my head. The air was damp and sticky, but the sweet smell of rain was all I needed. Water fell around me, the drops pricked onto my skin.

I like to sit out in the rain, whether in my truck or out lying in the grass. I don't know many people that like the rain. Most of my friends have complained about it on several occasions. A big interruption to their plans. But for me, I become engulfed by the gray clouds and harsh storms. It brings peace in all of my internal chaos and for a brief moment, everything makes sense. 

Sodapop's pov

I bolted out of the front door. The screen door slammed shut behind me and I winced at the sound. I pushed open the metal gate and my shoes hit the wet pavement. Normally my brothers would run after me and attempt to calm me down. But there are no footsteps or voices yelling for me to return home. I ran down the street without a second thought.

(editing will resume...)

It was pouring rain and I'm just in my t-shirt, orange flannel, and jeans. Damn, should've brought a jacket. I just walked on the sidewalk in the rain, resulting in me getting soaked from head to toe.

As I was walking, I noticed a truck parked not too far from me. Next to the truck looked to be a person spinning in the middle of the road. I walked up to the front of the truck and confronted the person.

"You know you could get hit right?" I yelled over the sound of the rain. The person turned to me, not even startled by my sudden words.

Hailey's pov

"Yeah, I know the risk!" I hollered to the stranger over the loud rainfall. They walked closer so I could now see them. He was gorgeous. It was hard to tell but it looks like he has beautiful brown eyes, a movie star face, he was soaked from head to toe like me. His hair looked to be greased to the side but I couldn't tell from all the rain.

"Then why are you out in the street?" he hollered back.

"Because I enjoy the rain." I plainly said before skipping back to the middle. "C'mon, join me."

He walked up to me, look of confusion set in.

"So you enjoy the rain then? Why?" he asked as I spun around some more. I was now turned away from him.

"It's peaceful, calming, and I become worry-free. I love it." I opened my arms and gazed up again.

"Well, it's not the best idea for someone to be out here by themselves at night. You could get hurt." I turned back around.