A Sodapop Curtis Short Story Pt.2

Soda's pov

The guys and I thought that it'd be a good idea to go by The Dingo for some breakfast since Steve and Two-bit ate all the cake and Darry already left for work. We obviously can't cook for ourselves.

I always get a little nervous when we go to The Dingo though. I haven't been with anyone since Sandy, and that was 3-4 years ago. But there's this girl that I see working behind the counter all the time. She has long brown hair that's always in a ponytail, and she's always wearing what I'm guessing the work uniform is. She's absolutely beautiful and I've never talked to her. I've never had the nerve to, plus, she's always got this cute little girl with her. I'm guessing that's her daughter, which normally means that she's got a boyfriend or something.

The guys don't know that I've got my eyes on her, I keep it well hidden. I just wish I had the nerve to go up and talk to her.

Eleanor's pov

"Mommy?" I said, trying to get her attention.

"Yes, baby?"

"Is that him?" I pointed towards a guy wearing an orange and black patterned shirt.

"Baby, no pointing please, okay?" she took my hand and used hers to cover it. I nodded then looked back over at the table. That's him. Mommy talks about a guy that looks exactly like him all the time. She acts happy all the time, but it feels like she's missing someone, and so am I. I want mommy to be happy, I want to help.

I checked to see if she was looking, and she wasn't. Then I side down the chair and waddled over to the table full of chaotic guys.

"Hi." I waved. They all stopped and looked at me. "I'm Eleanor."

Soda's pov

This little girl standing in front of me had me very confused, but she also looked familiar.

"Hello, Eleanor." I bent down to her level. "I'm Sodapop."

"Hello Sodi-pop," she said in the cutest little voice.

"Where's your mom Eleanor?" I asked the little girl. I glanced at the guys and they were very confused.

"Over there." She turned and pointed to the girl behind the counter.

"What do you say we get you back to her huh?" I picked her up and walked over to the soda bar. I didn't hesitate to get the girl's attention.

"Excuse me miss, I believe I have someone of yours." The girl turned around and immediately went red in the face.

Olivia's pov

As I turned around I saw the guy standing in front of the bar with my daughter in his arms. My face became instantly red.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I nervously laughed. "Could you just set her down on that chair please?" I pointed to the stool. He set her down and she wouldn't stop staring between him and me.

"Eleanor, you know better than to leave this seat. Something could've happened." I looked her right in the eyes, but her attention was elsewhere.

"Sowwy mommy, you just always talk about him so I thought you'd want to talk with him instead." If there was any way my face could've gotten red-er, it was what she just said. The guy leaned against the counter and grinned, swooping his hair to the side.

"Always talking about me huh?" I couldn't tell if he was trying to be sarcastic or serious. He had a really nice voice on top of that.

"I don't know what to say to that I'm gonna be honest." I sighed, smiling a little bigger than normal. Just when I thought I was in the safe zone, Eleanor tapped his shoulder to whisper something in his ear that wasn't much of a whisper.

"My mommy thinks you have a nice smile." He smiled at her then looked over at me.

"I have a nice smile then?"

"Oh god," I facepalmed myself and I heard the guy laugh.

"I'm Sodapop, Sodapop Curtis." He held his hand over the counter for me to shake. "But you can call me Soda.

"Olivia, Olivia Skies." I shook his hand. "And you have already met Eleanor I see."

"Yup. She walked right up to our table." He said, pointing to the group of guys.

"I'm so sorry if she interrupted you guys."

"Nonsense, it's perfectly fine. If she didn't walk over then that means I wouldn't have gotten a chance to talk to such a beautiful lady." I blushed at his comment and so did he.

"Well, aren't you sweet," I said, filling more drinks. "I'll let you get back to your table now then, plus, I have more orders to fill." I thought he would leave, but a few minutes went by and he was still standing there.

"Can I help you Sodapop?" I asked.

"Actually, yes you can. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later. Little Eleanor can come along too. What time do you get off work?" I was a bit surprised by his boldness.

"Oh umm, I get off around 7:30, then I'm free," I answered.

"Cool, I'll pick you up then Olivia. See you later princess." He ruffled Ellie's hair before returning to his table, leaving me shocked. Did I just get asked out? What's going on? I glanced over at Ellie and she had this stupid, goofy smile on her face. I shook my head and returned to work.