A Sodapop Curtis Short Story Pt.5

Olivia's pov

We drove for about 15 minutes until we reached a well lit 'Nightly Double' sign. He drove through the little booth and paid for both of us. I didn't bother trying to stop him, he would've paid for both of us anyway.

We parked a little far from the screen but I really didn't mind. Soda left for a brief moment then returned with two cokes.

"Thank you Soda," he handed me the drink and I took a sip before putting it in the door drink holder. I scooted closer to him since there was a row of three seats at the front of his truck, and rested my head on his shoulder. We didn't really watch the movie much, we were too busy laughing or making jokes about the socs that walked by. I took my head off of his shoulder and sat up, facing him.

"Being on a date, just the two of us feels really nice Sodapop."

"I was hoping you'd say that Olivia because I was hoping we could do this more often." He faced away from the movie screen and towards me. I couldn't break my gaze on him, it was impossible.

My eyes kept darting from his eyes to his lips, I really wanted to kiss him. But I didn't know if he wanted to do the same until I caught his eyes darting from my eyes to my lips. We both leaned in quickly and our lips collided. It felt more magical than ever! It was a very long, passionate, but gentle kiss too. We soon both pulled away and looked at each other with big stupid grins on our faces.

"I've honestly wanted to do that for a while now, but I didn't want to expose Ellie to any PDA." He chuckled, I could feel my face being red all over.

"Awe, you're cute when you blush," he said all smiley.

"I've wanted to do that too but, I didn't know how you felt about me." I looked down but he lifted my chin with his finger.

"Olivia, I like you, like a lot, and I thought that if you met the gang, you'd trust them with Ellie so we could go on more dates, just the two of us." he looked right into my eyes.

"I like that idea," I smirked before kissing him again, he didn't seem to mind at all.

The kissing proceeded to turn into a makeout session Soda put a stop to it.

"I just don't want to take things too fast Olivia. As much as I like kissing you, I think we better stop here."

"Okay, that makes sense." I caught my breath then laid my head on his shoulder again. We actually ended up watching some of the movie. We laughed at how stupid it was, then it was time to go back. Soda pulled out of the drive-in and we drove back to his house. We walked up to the door before he stopped me.

"I wanna do this before we go in." he placed his hands on my hips and planted his lips on mine.

"I could really get used to this," I smiled as we parted ways then opened the door.

"Mommy!" Eleanor ran to me and jumped in my arms.

"Hi baby, did you have fun?"

"Yes, I wove it here!" She sounded so excited. I looked towards the guys.

"Thank you so much, seriously. I'm gonna be honest, I've never left her with anyone before but it seems to me that you guys are really good with her."

"She's a sweetheart, heck she even got Dally to like her, and Dal isn't a big fan of kids." Pony chuckled as Ellie ran to him and grabbed onto his leg.

"Come on Ellie, it's time to go home." I reached my hand out for her, but she wouldn't budge.

"Mommy I don't wanna leave." She pouted.

"I know honey, but you can see them tomorrow if you'd like." I glanced over at Darry and he nodded his head.

"Hey if you need babysitters Olivia, Pony, and I could do it." Two-bit shrugged.

"Really, you guys would do that for me?" I asked and they nodded.

"Ellie, would you want to spend some time with Two-bit and Pony tomorrow?" I asked her and her answer was already clear.

"Yes!"

"Okay, well I'll see you guys in the morning then." I stood up as Ellie grabbed my hand. "Bye guys."

"Bye Olivia," they waved as we walked to Soda's truck. He put Eleanor in her seat and we drove back to my house. We went to the front door and I had Ellie go inside.

"I could bring Pony and Two-bit here if you're comfortable with that. Then I could drive you to work." Soda said cheerfully.

"Awe thank you, Soda, for everything. I had such a great time tonight." I kissed his cheek.

"I think you missed Olivia." He smirked before kissing my lips.

"Goodnight Soda." I blushed as I shut the door.

"Come on honey, let's get ready for bed. I took her to her room so she could get changed into her pajamas. Once that was done she brushed her teeth and hair then I was tucking her into bed when she asked a question that almost made me cry.

"Mommy, is Sodi-pop gonna be my new daddy?" I didn't know how to answer her, so I just said something random.

"If you want him to be baby." I kissed her head then turned off her light and went to my room. I changed into my pajamas and crawled into bed. I couldn't stop thinking about what Ellie just asked me. I can't tell if it broke my heart, or gave me hope.