Sweet Times [Beelzebub x Baker!Reader]

Time for a fluffy round with my baby Beel uwu, enjoy~

Cakes, pastries, cookies, anything sweet and oven baked was your favourite. Oven baked until golden and crisp, or light and fluffy, if you could mix, pour, bake and repeat, that would be what goes on all day in your kitchen. Sure, you weren't a full fledged baker, but you enjoyed it. You dreamt to open a bakery one day, selling your treats to the world. But for now, you enjoyed serving them out to 7 peculiar demons brothers, occasionally 2 angels as well, maybe even the other human with you, or perhaps the demon lord and his hell of a butler. As long as you could see the smile on their faces as they ate your treats, you were just as content.

You were currently sitting in the kitchen, planning out your next treat. What would you make? A devil's food cake, decorated beautifully with swirls of chocolate buttercream frosting? A batch of french desserts, cannelés, madeleines, mille-feuille... macarons even? Perhaps you could try something new, something German, or South East Asian? You stared blankly at the kitchen ceiling, a personal recipe book sitting on the counter top in front of you, trying to decide until you were interrupted by the usual Avatar of Gluttony, Beelzebub, making his way into the kitchen for a quick snack.

You always enjoyed his company, and if anything, he enjoyed your food the most. The most purest of smiles lit his face everytime one of your baked goods touched his tongue. The other brothers would definitely give their compliments to you, but Beel acted like it was the best thing in the world. Sometimes you wished you could just cook for him all the time, maybe the rest of your life- but that would only be a dream, unfortunately. "Hey (y/n). Anything cooking today?" he peered over your shoulder, looking at the recipe book sitting in front of you on the counter. You haven't really had anything in mind, so many things to choose from.

"Ah, not really sure yet..." You fumbled around with the corner of the book, turning the pages a bit, trying to make yourself look busy. 

"Mhm.. (y/n), I have a request," he stood next to you. It wasn't often he asked food from you, quite weird, I know, but he always seemed content with whatever you gave him in the heat of the moment. He enjoyed it so much he never thought of asking you for something, he loved the surprise of walking into the kitchen, without a clue of what you were making, only knowing it would be delicious. "Can we bake cookies?"

Cookies, a delectable crispy golden treat, or dark and chocolatey, or decorated with royal icing, a common treat during the holidays. What cookies would you make with Beel?  You were totally fine with the idea, but what caught you slightly off-guard was the fact he said 'we'. "U-uh, sure! I'll get started-"

The orange haired demon shook his head slightly, causing you to pause mid sentence. "I want to make them with you," he looked at you, a bit upset you misunderstood. Surely, you wanted to bake with him, but the main problem would be trying to stop him from eating the batter before it even heads into the oven, but you decided you'll get through it.

"Sure, let's bake together then!" your face lit up with your usual smile, the demon smiling along. You quickly went over and put on your apron, passing Beel one in the process and getting started immediately. You opened the fridge door, grabbing the ingredients required for a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, whilst Beel grabbed extra snacks for the hard work ahead. You knew those wouldn't last long since he already went through the first few snacks before you even began. 

You and Beel started measuring out the ingredients, starting with your dry ingredients. You measured out sugar, baking powder, baking soda and your flour. Dumping the sugar into the mixing bowl, you asked Beel to sift the other dry ingredients. He started off a bit rough, flour spreading everywhere as he tried to sift it through the sieve. "A-ah..! Beel- careful-" you quickly stopped him from continuing, flour dusted over the two of you.