Chapter 2 ~ The First Day

You were up at around 6 am, getting a shower and getting dressed. Leaving the dorm you walk towards the director's office and knock on the door. A voice said to enter and you went in.

Krennic was sitting at a desk in the middle of the room, books covered three of the walls, and a small workbench taking up the final wall. You smile and sit at a chair opposite him, the room was silent. He was looking at you, reading your face. 'Hello (y/n), as my assistant your duties will include checking paperwork and accompanying me to meetings et cetera, failure of any of these will not be tolerated' Krennic said, still looking at you. 'yes director' you say, feeling a little anxious, it must have shown on your face but Krennic find remark on it.

He picks up a datapad on his desk and offers it to you. 'the password is NT710Oplan6071b and I'm not saying it again' you nod and log into the datapad. 'there is some work there for you to do on the pad, you can use the workspace over there to do it' he points at the workbench. You go over and sit down and get to work, going through the work, checking over expense reports and other information. You are concentrating so much that you hadn't noticed Krennic staring at you with his arms folded and a smirk playing on his lips.

You stretch your neck and notice his staring, you smiled at him feeling a twinge of worry in your stomach.

Time passed and you had Finished all the reports, it had taken you around 3 hours to check them over. You stand up and look at Krennic, he had fallen asleep, his head slumping on its side, his arms still folded.

You stand up and go round behind his desk, his datapad was on and reports filled the screen. You pick it up and start going through them, feeling bad for Krennic who was obviously overworking himself enough to sleep depravity.

About an hour later Krennic made a noise and you put down his datapad rushing over to sit down next to the workbench. His brilliant blue eyes snap open and he looks at you, 'have you done the work' standing up and walking towards you, 'yes sir, all done'. Krennic grumbles something and walks towards the door, 'I was planning on going for some lunch, and then showing you the lab space' you stand and nod, following him out of the room, you were mildly exhausted from doing all the reports non stop but hopped that some food would help that.

You follow him along the corridor into the cafeteria, picking up two trays you hand one to him, he nods and you get your food and sit at an empty officers table.

'tell me (y/n), why did you want to join the empire?' Krennic asked putting his fork in his mouth. 'well, my uncle inspired me with his stories of the empire, I also want to get justice, my parents died from a rebel scuffle on Eriadu, I was orphaned so my uncle took me in'. 'I'm sorry that happened to you (y/n)' Krennic mumbled. You Finnish the meal in silence until Krennic stood 'come, (y/n) and I will show you the labs.' you follow him to a lift and he presses a button to go down. You and he stood in silence again. The lift opens and you are met with a long hallway.

Krennic puts his hands behind his back and walks into the first room of the hallway. The room was very small,  only consisting of a man in a lab coat sitting in front of a monitor on a desk. 'this is Chris, he is the Head of the lab. Chris looks up and nods and you and Krennic before doing back to his work.' he is not one for talking but he will be the one who you will send messages to most of the time.' krennic mumbled to you, you nodded. He walked further down the corridor until you reached a reinforced door. Krennic brought out a key card and scanned the reader, the door wished open showing a very large room with about 30 different scientists, there were monitors on the walls and three long workbenches. On them were pieces of metal, strange crystals and other things that you could not figure out what they were, the scientists stood to attention as Krennic walked in, he waved at them and they went back to work. 'This is the main research lab, we are building a weapon which will wipe out the resistance once and for all and bring peace to the galaxy' Krennic said as they left the room. 'There are two other labs like this one' he said pointing at a door on the other side of the corridor and further along 'they are much the same as the one we visited'. Krennic carried on down the corridor, stopping at another door and walking in, it was large-ish, looking a bit like a lecturing theatre, 'Every week, we have a meeting here and we discuss the work we are doing. You nod and looking at him, his eyes were on you once more, another twinge of anxiety hit you, was there something on my face you thought.

The two left and passed a few more doors marked "storage" and "lavatory" until they reached a door at the end of the corridor. Krennic opened it. Inside was a small office 'this is my other office which has the plans for the weapon and other important which is crucial to the success of the empire'. 'What is this weapon?' You ask 'This weapon is called the death star, it is more than a weapon, it is a space station' he said, going over to a draw and bringing out plans for a circular object, looking closer you realise it is a superweapon, the first of its kind. You stare at it in wonder at it. Krennic smiled and looked at you again with a smirk on his lips. 'This is incredible Sir' you exclaim, 'please call me Orson when we are in private' he remarked smiling. 'oh ok Orson' you say 'kinda sounds like awesome' You laugh and in your surprise, Krennic also laughed. 'I would love to see more of these blueprints' you say still laughing a bit. 'Of course (y/n)' Krennic said, taking the blueprint of the desk he brings out another.  'This space station will be 120 km wide and will house 1.7 million people.' Krennic said looking back at you, 'It will have the power to destroy whole planets in a single blast' Krennic smirked at your reaction of wonder 'How is that possible?' You ask turning to face the smirking Krennic 'Easy (y/n), I have planned that eight kyber crystals will be focused into one powerful beam which has enough energy to destroy everything in its path.' 'That is incredible' You say 'Thank you (y/n)' he smiled again at you.

Time passed, you learnt the schematics of the death star and was told what resources it needed to be created, krennic seemed to be very gentle to you, explaining the death star plans in detail and was impressed when you could understand the technical terms. He still slipped looks at you, he enjoyed your reactions and your gentle features.

'Well (y/n) it is 8 o'clock, I dismiss you for the day, and will see you tomorrow same time at my main office upstairs.' krennic said 'Thank you Si- I mean Orson' Krennic simply smiled and you left the room, walking back along the corridor to the lift, another person in a lab coat was there and you smiled at him. He smiled back as you pressed the button to your floor. 'Are you the new assistant for the director?' the man asked turning to face you. 'Yes, hello I'm (y/n) good to meet you' the man nodded. Silence filled the elevator until the man spoke again 'Could you do me a favour?' he asks, you nod as he carries on 'the director gets very....worked up, could you try to keep him calm?' *ding!* the lift doors open and he steps out. 'I will try' You reply and smile. The lift quickly got to your floor and you get out, walking towards your dorm. Walking in you see Matt one of the radar techniques 'How was it (y/n)?' Matt asked eating noodles out of a pot. 'It was really cool, Kreenic is so nice' You smile, blushing a little. Matt raises his eyebrows and laughs 'seems like it was more than "nice" (y/n)' he laughed. You blush but hide it.

You grab a noodle pot and fill it with hot water. The door opens and in comes Forax, the stormtrooper, 'Hey Forax!' Matt said 'Did you hear that after one day (y/n) has a crush on Krennic' Forax took of her mask and sits on her bed, 'I highly doubt it Matt, you are just being stupid' Matt laughs like a madman spilling some noodles on the floor as he does so. You ignore him and Finnish your noodles ad climb into bed and fall asleep.