Chapter 5 ~ Arguments

You stand outside your uncle's door, mentally reading yourself of what is to come, slowly you knock on the door, no going back you think. A voice shouts 'come in' and you open the door. Tarkin sits at his desk and looks up at you. 'ah (y/n) what do you need me for?' Tarkin asks, reading your face, obviously knowing the anger you have bottled up. 'Uncle, what gives you the right to embarrass me in front of around 30 officers and then continue to barge into the Director's office and then humiliate me in front of the Director by suggesting dealings?'You say angrily. Your uncle says nothing so you continue your rant, 'why did you give me as an assistant to Krennic when it is obvious that you hate him, was it to gain information to watch him fall?' At this moment Tarkin stood up and for the first time in your life, his cool facade has vanished. 'Don't you dare say that to me, I raised you, do remember that I could of let you rot in an orphanage on Eriadu, yet I paid for you to go through training and gave you the opportunity to become what you dreamed to be, yet you are angry at me for asking how you were working with Krennic and then asking for a report.' Tarkin sat back down looking deadly serious at you 'Don't forget there is a camera in every office my dear' You go pale, he saw all of it. Tarkin had cooled down now and carried on,  'I don't want you getting taken advantage of by Krennic, I have no idea what he is like to those he cares about. I don't want you hurt by him.' 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. 'Not at the moment' Tarkin called out, yet the door still opened. '(y/n)' it was Krennic, 'I thought you said you were going to your room' he asked, 'you said the same also' you said razing an eyebrow at him 'Yes well' Krennic said 'I had to get something of my system but it seems like you have already said it to Tarkin' 'yes' you murmured. Tarkin stood up 'I will let you choose (y/n) if you want to stay as Krennic's assistant or if you want to be given a higher rank and you can work wherever you want in the empire. You think for a second 'I would prefer to still be Krennic's assistant. I can learn so much from him and I would love to carry on working on the death star.' you say. Tarkin nods, inside he was disappointed, he did not want his niece to be in even a small relationship with his rival, he had only given you the position of his assistant to see if he could dig up ay dirt on Krennic.

Tarkin waved at you and Krennic to leave and you walked out into the hallway with him.'(y/n) thank you for not leaving me, I don't think I could cope' he stammered. 'I love you' You say. 'I love you too' Krennic said. Krennic yawns 'You should go to sleep, I will too' you say.

You part ways and you go back to your doom and open the door. Oh no, you think, its Matt. 'How are you and the sugar daddy?' he asks. You leave the room and walk back the way Krennic walked, catching up to him at the lift. '(y/n)?' 'Sorry Krennic, my roommate is really interested in our love life and I don't want to listen to him. Krennic noded 'Im sure you can stay in my rooms until his next shift' 'Thank you Krennic' you say. 

Leaving the lift you follow him down a hallway, he brings his keycard out and opens a door. The room was quite small, but it was cluttered with books and sheets of paper. The bed was in the corner and was a twin size. 'Im sorry for the mess (y/n)' he said, stacking some papers and books out of the way. 'Its fine' you say and sit on one of the free chairs. He smiles at you happily. 'Do you want to sleep on the bed?' he asks 'oh no I don't want to keep you awake' you say ' you need your sleep.' 'So do you' he said. 'Come' he said, you go over and sit next to him on the bed, 'if we both sleep in the bed we can both get sleep'. You giggle and nods. Slowly you get under the sheets and you feel Krennic next to you, he wrapped his hands around you, holding you tight'.