chapter thirty-two

LISA

"Taehyung is back in town," Jisoo says while munching three chips at the same time.

It's been a while since I saw Jennie's brother. We used to be classmates and partners in a school project. As long as I can remember of him, he has always been good to me: charming, funny, and intelligent. However, I never tried to be in a relationship with him because I was too in love with his sister.

"This dumbass didn't tell me he was back in town," I add and tear off her packet of crisps from her hands making her groan.

Taehyung and I have only two months apart and we both like to talk to people. It was obvious that we became friends after being in the same class for two years in a row. When he left for France, we promised to stay in contact, but it was hard.

We used to talk through messages at least twice a week for three years until we both got bored. It can be quite difficult to make time to talk to someone who's far away and texting is not our cup of tea. So, we call each other at least once every six or ten months to make sure we're still alive.

"You're still in touch with him ?" she asks me and takes a sip of my soda.

"Yeah, once in a while. It's never about something serious. We just send memes about anything to each other," I tell her making her laugh at the friendship I have with Taehyung.

Thanks to this man, I have at least a hundred dumb pictures on my phone and I'm not complaining.

"Do you have a picture of him now? The last time I saw him, he was wearing braces and had a lot of acne."

Even though Taehyung is a good friend of mine and a talented photographer, he never sent me a picture of him for the past few years. Thinking about it makes me realize that I will probably never understand Kim Taehyung. This idiot is a professional photographer, but he always sends me low-quality images of random people.

"I don't think I have one," I say and take my phone in my hands.

I search for his name and write him a message. I hope he is planning on staying in Korea for a week. Even though I'm glad he is doing well in France, I want to have a talk with him before he leaves for another year.

To Taehyung :

Do you wanna grab a drink with me?

I'm pretty sure he had diner with his family to celebrate his arrival

I'm pretty sure he had diner with his family to celebrate his arrival. However, if memory serves me correctly, he doesn't get along with his parents because they didn't appreciate the fact that he chose to become a photographer over a doctor.

Seconds later, he answers me back.

From Taehyung :

I'm meeting a friend in sunny lounge, feel free to bring one too ;)