chapter fifty

LISA

I can't believe this is happening.

We've been hanging with each other for more than seven years now, but this night feels so much different compared to the others. In a good way obviously.

The context changes everything because it has an impact on our perception of things. We're not here as casual friends, and this simple thought is enough to make me blush. On my way to Jennie's house, I couldn't stop myself from being nervous as hell. I called Jisoo in my car before I knock at her door.

Well, let's say that Jisoo is not the best person to call when we feel anxious. She laughed at me and said I was a coward. Then, she wished me good luck if our date ends up in her bedroom.

I hung up on me, but it did not stop her from sending me a WikiHow link on 'how to eat a pussy the proper way'.

Jeez, I swear this girl is a pain in the ass. She's lucky to be far away from me because I would have kicked her ass for her stupidity.

Throughout the whole ride to Jennie's mysterious place, I couldn't stop admiring her side profile. She told me at least twice to stop staring at her, but it's much harder than she thinks. Even though we've known each other for a long time, her features still leave me in awe.

At first, I thought she was a random pretty girl at my sister's birthday party. Now, I think she's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life.

I love her expressions when she is focused on something. Right now, her full attention is on the road and the handlebar which makes the sight ridiculously attractive.

"I can feel your eyes on me," she says, her eyes still on the road.

My cheeks turn into a crimson color as I turn my head away from her to gaze at the car window. I just got caught checking her out and I can only blame myself for being too obvious.

I pinch my lips, "Sorry."

"I don't mind tho," she looks at me before giving me a playful wink.

Everything about her seems to be a dream to me. From her tender brown eyes, her cute little nose, her honeyed voice to her whole mindset - I love everything that is related to her, and it amazes me how lucky I am to share this night with her.

She's special because every time her eyes are on me, I feel special.

"Do you mind if I...?" I ask before touching her hands with my fingertips.

I'm a sucker when it comes to holding hands.

She seems taken aback at my hint, but her eyes soften later on. Her soft hand reaches mine and her fingers wrap around my own in a gentle hold. I pinch my lips as my heart rate starts to speed up. We continue to sit in silence for a while, both of us lost in our own thoughts. Being friends for a long time made us comfortable around each other in any circumstances and I absolutely love our complicity. I love that I don't have to fill the silence with Jennie because it's never awkward and I am grateful for that.

While I rub the back of her hand with my thumb, she stops the car. I turn to look at the surrounding, but her hands cover my eyes the moment after.

"Oh c'mon, let me see!" I take off her hands on me and look at her.

She shoots gives me a disapproving look, "Not yet, wait a little longer."

I lean my face towards her and stare at those beautiful brown eyes.

"I waited for too long," I add before getting out of her car.

The sight in front of me leaves me speechless for a minute. Astonishment is an understatement to express how I feel right now. I can't believe she brought me to this place, and I can't help but fall more deeply in love with her.