"Who the heck are YOU?!"

(This takes place between II2 episodes 10 and 11.)

Click.

Clickety-clack.

Clickity-clackity-click-clackity-clack-clack-click-clickity-clack-click.

Clack.

It was late in the afternoon, and Test Tube had been typing away on her computer for hours. Her fingers felt like lead. She had lost three nights of sleep on this project. There were bags under her eyes, and several cans of soda were strewn across the lab messily, which wasn't like her. But she couldn't stop now. Calculating numbers, formulating theorems and hypotheses... She was close, closer than she had ever been to creating something that actually functioned, and functioned well.

But it could still go wrong. She could have made a mistake in her calculations, even though she triple-checked everything. She might not have enough power for the machine. The machine itself could be missing a vital part, or the wires might not be strong enough to handle the amount of power she would pump into it. Not to mention that what she was attempting was deemed impossible by scientists all around the world...

But she kept going anyway, her determination fueled by Dr Fizz. If she accomplished this, not only would she become one of the most well-known scientists in the world, but she could do... well, almost anything. The possibilities of this project were limitless if it succeeded.

She typed in the final numbers, looked over everything three times, and saved it. The calculations were finally done. Now it was time to see whether she could pull this off.

Test Tube sat up, pushing away her swiveling office chair, and walked over to the large device she had set up in the middle of her laboratory. It looked like a giant laser that you might see in a mad scientist's laboratory. Which is quite fitting,  Test Tube thought to herself. The machine was bolted to the floor and had several wires of all shapes and sizes running from it into the floor and ceiling. The controls were quite complicated, with lots of buttons and dials and switches and blinking lights. There was even an honest-to-gods giant lever on the side of the machine, once again, exactly like you would see like in a mad scientist's laboratory. The entire thing looked like it was ripped straight from Frankenstein, but instead of pointing at the ground, the laser was pointing at a target on the far wall.

Donning her goggles, Test Tube turned on the machine and started fiddling with the controls. The device began to make a noise, a constant hum that made everything vibrate slightly. It was subtle, almost unnoticeable. Test Tube hoped that if today's experiment worked, she would eventually be able to convert this clunky mess into something much smaller - say, a calculator.

She stepped away from the controls and was about to walk back to the computer when she heard a "Wheeeee!" Fan slid out of the tube leading to the soda machine on the surface. He popped up with a smile on his face. "Hey, Test Tube!"

"Hi, Fan..." Test Tube grumbled and crossed out the word 'Secret' on the white board that said 'Test Tube's Secret Laboratory.' "What do you want?"

Fan frowned. "Can't a friend and fellow teammate just say hi every now and then?"

"Not while I'm in the middle of my most important experiment EVER!" Then Test Tube stopped, and a smile formed on her face. This was actually fortunate! She would have an audience to see her experiment work, as well as someone to record it. "Actually, Fan, it's good that you're here."

"Really?"

"Yeah." She put her arm around Fan's shoulders (or whatever, idk the anatomy of sentient objects) and led him over to the computer. "You can be the first to witness my success!"

"Ooh, I love success. What do I have to do?"

"Don't touch anything," she replied firmly. "But you should pull out your phone and film this. We're about to make history." She chuckled at her accidental joke as she typed in the security code. A warning appeared on her screen, asking her if she wanted to continue. "Literally!"

She pressed 'yes.'

The humming of the machine suddenly rose in pitch as Fan fumbled with his phone. The vibration became more intense as various glass beakers started to fall off shelves and shatter on the floor, spilling brightly-colored chemicals everywhere. The machine began to shake too, electricity crackling off it like lightning.

Fan finally managed to turn the camera on. "Point it at that target!" Test Tube yelled over the humming, which was now deafening. Fan did so. "This is exciting!" He yelled back.

"What?"

"I said, this is-"

The humming and vibration stopped abruptly, as did the crackling of energy. "-exciting!" Fan yelled into the sudden silence, making them both wince.

Then the lights switched off, plunging them both into darkness, except for the light of the computer screen. But not a second later, a single beam of pink shot from the point of the laser and hit the center of the target perfectly. The energy formed from a straight beam into something else. In the time that it takes to breathe in, a swirling pink-and-yellow portal had formed where the target used to be. The laser was still shooting out a stream of color, keeping the portal open, and it lit up the laboratory with a lovely glow.

Fan slowly lowered his phone. "Whoa," he whispered in awe. He took a few steps towards the portal.

Test Tube was in shock and awe too. "I... I did it. I can't believe I actually did it."

They stood there for another moment, but Test Tube snapped out of it as she remembered a crucial detail that was missing. Turning back to the computer and pulling up her notes, she didn't notice the very slight draft that appeared, or that the fact that some of the soda cans had started to roll across the floor for seemingly no reason.

"This isn't right," Test Tube muttered as she scanned her notes again. "The color's all wrong."

"Uh, Test Tube?"

"Not now, Fan." She read her notes a third time to make sure she wasn't seeing things. "The portal's pink and yellow... but it's supposed to be green!"

"Test Tube?"

"Fan, just-"

"No! Look, Test Tube!"

Finally hearing the desperation in Fan's voice, she turned around and gasped. The portal was sucking things into it. Soda cans were rolling across the floor. More beakers were getting pulled off shelves and into the portal. Papers were flying everywhere. Even the heavy shelves were starting to slide across the floor ever so slightly.

Test Tube felt herself being pulled towards the portal and quickly grabbed a sturdy pipe on the wall. She looked back and reached out her hand for Fan, but he was already being sucked in. "Fan!"

"Test Tuuuuuuuuube!" Fan's voice faded as he vanished into wherever the portal led to. Almost right after, somebody else popped out of the portal and rolled across the ground. "Fan?" Test Tube asked hopefully.

But it wasn't Fan. The object was round, white, and grey, and they had... dimples? They got up. The portal wind didn't seem to be affecting them. Test Tube locked eyes with them.

"Who the heck are YOU?!" they asked each other in unison.

But before either could answer, another unfamiliar object tumbled out of the portal. Then another, and another. Soon, several objects were filling up the room. Some were round, some were square, and some weren't any traditional shape.

The machine started to crackle with electricity again, much more violently this time. Test Tube saw what was coming and began to use the pipe to pull herself over to a large, orange button on the wall. With some difficulty, she lifted the glass covering and slammed her fist into it. She blinked out of existence, as did all the other sentient objects in the room.

Five seconds later, the laser exploded, and the portal closed.

If anyone is reading this, this is my first thing here, so I hope you like it :)