Sabotage

Test Tube, Golf Ball, and Teardrop arrived at the contesting grounds next to the lake at sunset. Most of the Inanimate Insanity contestants were already there, except Fan, of course, and Marshmallow. Microphone was also missing for some reason. Some of the BFB contestants were there, too - everyone except TV, Leafy, Donut, Gelatin, and Fries.

BFB Taco was hiding behind Lightbulb. Test Tube suddenly realized that Lightbulb had somehow managed to get herself stuck, upside down, in Bottle. "How in the world...?"

"I lost a bet," Lightbulb responded. She coughed up a feather. "A few bets, actually."

MePhone looked around at the large crowd. "Wow, there's more of you alternate universe people than I expected."

Flower elbowed Knife. "Told ya." Knife just rolled his eyes.

"But the more, the merrier!" MePhone continued. "You guys can watch as my contestants compete. Speaking of which, today's challenge, as chosen by the viewers, is..." He paused for a moment to let the voting results appear on MePad's screen. "...Bucket Brigade!"

His screen turned green, and several objects appeared colored green next to the Grand Slams. An identical set of objects, except in yellow, appeared next to the Bright Lights.

"Since you guys have been getting along sooo well lately," MePhone stated sarcastically, "it seems like a no-brainer to have a challenge that can highlight your sense of teamwork." Balloon and Suitcase smiled at each other, but II Nickel frowned uncertainly. "I mean, splitting up in the maze? Well, that was teamwork at its finest."

"Thank you!" Lightbulb said, relieved. "At least someone noticed!"

MePhone continued to explain the contest rules. "Oh!" Test Tube exclaimed. "So, it's one of those challenges where the first part's basically arbitrary to the goal."

"Yeah. I could give you the balls at the beginning. But really, where's the fun in that?"

"Where's the fun in ANY of this?" II Nickel complained. Baseball chuckled.

MePhone kept going, explaining that the losing team would now vote off their own members, making up for there not being an elimination last time. As II Nickel pulled Suitcase off for a chat and the rest of the II contestants muttered among themselves about this change in the rules, the BFB objects just stood there, unsure how to react. Several of them have never even heard or thought of the contestant voting concept. During all the hubbub, Microphone walked out of the forest and joined the rest of her team.

BFB Taco spotted Microphone and said, "Oh, hey, it's Microphone!"

"You know her?" Paintbrush asked.

"Yeah, she was with me when I encountered the Taco from this universe."

"Wait, wait wait wait. Back up. Our Taco is here?"

"Yeah, she's in the forest that Microphone just walked out of. Why?"

Paintbrush lowered their voice. "What exactly did she say to you?"

BFB Taco told them what II Taco had told her. Paintbrush clenched their fists. "You can't trust her," they told Taco. "It's unlikely that she's just spectating."

"What did she do last season that was so bad?" Taco questioned.

Paintbrush didn't answer. They just narrowed their eyes and stared at Microphone from across the grassy plains.

--------------------

"Did you hear that?" Microphone asked. She had moved away from the rest of her team again so that they didn't overhear her.