Doppelgangers

"Urg..." Fan groaned. He felt really drained of energy for some reason. Why was he lying down? Then he remembered the portal and opened his eyes. Coiny, Book, and Tennis Ball were standing over him, looking concerned. He sat up and saw that everyone else was in a circle around him, watching him. "What happened?" he asked.

"You just fainted," Coiny replied, "but you were only out for a few minutes. You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just feel really tired." Then Fan remembered where he was, and suddenly, he didn't feel tired anymore. He shot to his feet, causing everyone to take a step back in surprise. "Wow! I can't believe I'm actually here! Once again, I'm Fan-" he grabbed Book's hand and shook it, "-and it's awesome to meet you all!"

He felt himself being picked up and turned around, and suddenly he was staring into the angry eyes of Four. "What did you do with my contestants?" he screeched.

Fan cringed. "Ah! Please don't zap me! I don't know what happened to your-" He stopped as an idea dawned on him. "Actually... did your contestants go through the portal I came out of?"

"Yes."

"Then that means they're in my world! You don't need to worry, then - if anyone can get them back here, it's my friend Test Tube. She's a great scientist, and I've seen her do some amazing experiments!"

"How long will it take?"

Fan shrugged. "I don't know! I'm not a scientist." Four dropped him.

Tennis Ball spoke up. "But you DO know about us. How?"

"Oh, that's easy." Fan pulled out his phone, but then remembered that it was dead. "You guys are a show on Youtube! I'm a big fan."

Several people groaned. Fan continued. "I didn't know you guys were real, though!"

"You say you're a viewer?" Snowball crossed his arms. "I don't believe you."

"Four said that the viewers were in a different world from us," said Gaty, "and weren't able to do anything other than vote."

"It's true!" Fan protested.

"Then prove it."

"Ask me a question about the show."

Snowball thought for a moment. "Who was the first person I invited to my team?"

"Lightning," Fan answered immediately.

Cloudy butted in. "Who's my best friend?"

"Balloony."

"Who's my best friend?" This one came from Foldy.

"Stapy."

This went on for a few minutes until Four finally screeched, making everyone cringe. "ENOUGH! Everyone, go... away! X and I need to decide what to do about the missing contestants."

"Are you going to get them back?" Book asked worryingly.

"As I SAID," Four replied, more angry now, "X and I will decide what to do once you CREATURES are out of earshot! Now, shoo!"

People started to mumble and walk away. A couple looked at Fan weirdly but didn't say anything.

Fan walked up to Tennis Ball. "Hey, my phone's dead. Do you know if Golf Ball's laboratory has a phone charger?"

TB stared at him. "How did you know-? Oh, right. I think it does, but almost nobody here uses a phone."

"Life without a phone?? How do you guys... well, live??"

TB rolled his eyes. "There are other ways to enjoy life, you know."

--------------------