002. THE JASMINE DRAGON

THE VILLAGE | An Avatar the last Airbender Fan Fiction

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Wow, this place is amazing!" Adeline gawked as a sly finger slid across a murky brown counter.

The Jasmine Dragon definitely wasn't what she thought it would have been. First of all, being from the middle rink of Ba Sing Se, even stepping into the upper rink felt like a daydream. Secondly, she didn't really understand why Lee had been in the middle ring if he lived in such a magnificent place. And thirdly, the classy design and colourful touches just filled her small heart with so much joy. It was like a small palace that smiled back at her. The roof at the front hung quite low, just above a wide opening that led inside the tea shop. Inside, much like the outfits the crowds wore, everything was decorated in monotonous browns, greens, and golds.

An elderly man, somewhat heavy in the waist and greying in hair, chuckled at her remark as he too took in her statement and the place itself. The place really was nice, nobody could lie about it.

But it wasn't open to the public just yet. The doors were closed and, from the outside, looked as if it were any other house in the city. Only some classy, rich citizens and their tiny families sat splattered around in groups smaller than their hopes for the future.

Zuko or Lee, whichever made more sense, rubbed the back of his head accordingly, not really knowing how to take the conversation further. The walk to the building had been mostly silent, apart from the time they were stopped by the Dai Lee for fear of trespassing, as, normally, middle-class citizens weren't allowed into the upper rink. Only, if Zuko hadn't been there, Adeline could have been arrested or worse- sent to the lower rink.

Extending a hand, Zuko addressed his uncle. "This is my Uncle, Mushi. Mushi, Adeline." He pointed between Adeline and the grey-haired man. The two shook hands cheerily as Adeline returned to scanning the shelves and decorative things all around her.