004. THE TRAP

THE VILLAGE | And Avatar the last Airbender fan fiction.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The first official business day of the tea shop had been hectic and a bit messy but in the end, everything had worked out pretty well. People had been so kind and compliments flooded the place every few minutes. Adeline, alongside Zuko, had taken up the duty of waiters and chatted reluctantly to customers all day. Adeline couldn't deny it, he was growing on her. There had been some-how could one put it- accidentally intimate moments.  For instance, some small child thought it was funny to pull on Adeline's neat braids making her lose her balance. Without warning, she'd fallen on an unsuspecting Zuko and they'd plummeted to the floor. It was like the world was forcing them to be nearer because this didn't happen just once, oh no, somehow she'd managed to fall on him twice.

With all that behind them, it was nearing nightfall and the moon had already begun to peak through the thin clouds. The magnificent doors still stood open as the last of the customers made their way down the large steps and out into the classy streets. Zuko lightly swept the embroidered rug and Adeline wiped down a few of the tables with her right hand. Zuko brushed a small amount of dust her way and she inhaled the minuscule dust particles. The teen coughed into her elbow. Playfully, she twisted a hand and a 'woosh' of air shot past his hair and temporarily obscured his vision.

Adeline raised a hand to her mouth as she giggled at his sour face but soon both their attentions were ripped away from their childish squabble and to the words coming from a man near the front of the shop. He stood in front if Iroh presenting him a vellum scroll. "A message from the royal palace" he addressed with much diction taking a small bow and retreating.

Iroh opened it slowly and read the thing with apprehension. "I...I can't believe it"

Zuko approached shortly followed by Adeline. "What is it, Uncle?"

The man folded the parchment and took it away from his face. "Great news! We've been invited to serve tea to the earth king!" He exclaimed cheerily, holding the scroll to his chest and shuffling away happy.