005. ONE OF THE FIST, MANY, BATTLES.

THE VILLAGE | And Avatar the last Airbender fan fiction.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Zuko sighed and looked up only to have his vision clouded with the face of a girl.

"Zuko?" She muttered bewildered. She wore a water tribe getup and her hair was tied back into a low bun with to loops left out. Zuko sent a pleading look to Adeline but she turned away and so he turned away from the water tribe girl. "Why did they throw you in here? Oh wait, let me guess, it's a trap. So that when Aang shows up to help me, you can finally have him in your little fire nation clutches"

Adeline winced. You know what? It's hard coming to terms with a difficult thing when only you, have analysed the situation but having someone state that Lee was fire nation really stung and she felt the lump in her throat tighten.

The girl paced in frustration. "You're a terrible person, you know that? Always following us, hunting the avatar, trying to capture the world's last hope for peace. But what do you care? You're the fire lord's son. Spreading war and violence and hatred is in your blood"

Adeline could have sworn her heart had stopped in that moment. All at once, her hope that maybe, just maybe she had met a good fire bender were thrown out the window. The fire lords son? She'd shared hospitality with such a being. Shame trickled slowly down her back as if someone had just poured as a thick fresh bowl of Jook onto her head.

"You don't know what you're talking about" Zuko finally spoke.

"I don't? How dare you? You have no idea what this war has put me through. Me, personally" the girl raged. Adeline tucked her legs up to her chest and watched as the chaos unfolded. She was so angry at Lee or Zuko whatever the hell he went by but she really just wanted answers. Even if that did cost her her dignity.

The girl turned away as tears bubbled below the surface of her eyes. "The fire nation took my mother away from me"

Zuko turned his head slightly, his eyes brows marked higher than usual in an upward manner, displaying concern. "I'm sorry," Zuko said. The girl cried more as, she too, pulled her legs up against her chest, all while burying her tears into her blue clothing. "That's something we have in common" Zuko let out. Katara lifted her head quickly at Zuko's spoken words.