013. THE SHOP

THE VILLAGE | An Avatar the last Airbender fanfiction

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Shopping!" Sokka cheered as he clapped his hands together happily and ran forward into the store. "Maybe a little something to reinvigorate my battling"

He reached forward and grabbed some nunchucks. "Hi-Ya! Smack-a-Dacka-doo!" He yelled as he swung them around him. Adeline watched him from the bottom of the aisle, right beside Toph. He kept swinging them until he accidentally smacked himself on his head, fell and knocked a display of spears over.

Toph flinched at the noise and Adeline put a hand to her mouth as her lips parted into a big 'o' with shock. Sokka tried fighting instrument after instrument all while, Adeline sat, arms crossed.

As Sokka lugged a large club across the floor in an attempt to swing it, Katara made her way over to Adeline. The waterbender lent herself against a back wall of the shop, not facing the girl because she didn't need to. "You not going to try anything out?" Katara asked, airily.

Katara didn't know what was really going on between Sokka and Adeline or what they were hiding but one thing for sure was she was really, really far off the truth. Adeline shook her head, letting her hair, brush against her cheeks and neck and then settling upon her shoulders. "Never been a weapons sort of gal... never been any sort of gal really"

Kataras expression changed but she still looked away from the girl. "what do you mean?"

Adeline uncrossed her arms and lowered them to her legs. "well, fighting was never deemed something I had to learn. I want to train someday, yeah, but it doesn't bother me if that's what you mean"

Katara looked over to her, her expression now completely softened. "what do you mean by training?"

Adeline stuttered a tad knowing perfectly well what she meant but gladly was interrupted by Sokka in his search for a perfect weapon.