018. COMBUSTION MAN

THE VILLAGE | An Avatar The last Airbender Fanfiction

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Katara and Adeline looked up at the sound of some boisterous laughs. The other three wandered forward with wooden baskets overflowing with veggies and other groceries. The two older girls had stowed a small fire and placed a pot over it where Katara had stirred some soup. They'd gotten to do some talking about life in general and everything going on at that moment. The water bender had always been a bit on the edge when it came to Adeline.
It was good finally talking to the girl. She finally felt that she trusted her and that was comforting.

The tanned girl turned her head, allowing for her curls to bob up and down. "Where did you guys get the money to buy all this stuff?" She asked as they flung the baskets on the ground.

"Toph got us money," Aang told her, as he bit into a scrumptious looking red apple. He sat down and crossed his legs. "She scammed one of those guys in town who moves the shells around all sneaky-like."

Katara frowned as Sokka also took his place in front of the baskets. "She used earthbending to win the game. Classic!" He mused.

"-Ah, so she cheated" Katara finalized.

Adeline began to root around some of the baskets, lifting random fruits and dairy's out of them. Toph bit her apple with a loud crunch. "Hey, I only cheated because he was cheating. I cheated a cheater. What's wrong with that?" She asked innocently.

"I'm just saying, this isn't something we should make a habit of doing."

Adeline stirred the pot, sensing more arguing. "Anyway, we made Jook, any takers?" She asked. Sokka put up a finger indicating yes but Toph spoke before he could.

"Why? Because it's fun, and you hate fun?"

"I don't hate fun" Katara protested. She grabbed momo and draped him over her hair like a headband. "See" she pointed to the depressed-looking creature. "Fun". He slowly fell off with a squeal and ran away.