008. THE UNIVERSE

THE VILLAGE | an avatar the last Airbender fanfiction

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aang sat on the floor beside Appa and in front of Katara. To the side, Toph, Sokka and Adeline stood side by side, watching the monk. "Why are we on a fire nation ship?" Aang asked looking around him. He'd woken up again after a short while but he still seemed dazed and they were trying to give him space. "Why is everyone dressed this way? and why am I the only one who's completely out of it?"

"You need to take it easy, okay?"

Toph and Sokka both began to walk away and so, Adeline followed. Now and days, wherever Sokka went she followed as often, it felt like the only place she was welcome. They entered a kitchen like area to prepare some food. It took only a short while and with some added skills from Adeline they whipped up some noodles and dished them out into bowls for the crew. She'd spent more time with this crew than she had with Iroh and Zuko but still remembered the few recipes he'd taught her, this one included.

After a while, the three brought the bowls onto the deck and took some more seats on some crates. The water around the boat had turned blue rather than the usual grey in the last while and the sky had cleared up allowing the sun to peek through like a child playing hide and seek, peeking to make sure the seeker was on the loose. Sokka sat on the large crate facing Aang who was donned in a long red robe. Either side of him sat Katara and Toph who were dressed in their usual clothes. To hide the traditional water tribe and earth kingdom attire, they had tied maroon cloaks around their necks. Each held a bowl of noodles with included chopsticks. Adeline sat on the same crate as Sokka which was a small but long one and ether side of the pair was Bato and Hakoda, two water tribe men and close acquaintances, Hakoda being Katara and Sokka's father and Bato, his advisor.

"After what happened in Ba Sing Se, we had to get you to safety" Sokka began turning storytelling mode on and anecdotal maniac to an all-time high. "We flew back to Chameleon Bay where we found my father and the other water tribe men. The earth king decided he wanted to travel the world in disguise, so he set off alone. Well, not completely" Sokka added, thinking of Bosco the bear who'd accompanied the king. "Soon the bay was overrun with fire nation ships. Rather than fight them all, we captured a single ship and made it our disguise. Since then we've been travelling west. We crossed through the serpents pass a few days ago"