012. THE METEOR

THE VILLAGE | An Avatar The last Airbender Fanfiction

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The last few days had been a wild ride, to say the least. First and foremost, the gang had camped out at a fishing town in the middle of a large fire nation lake. The water everywhere was polluted severely by a newly built factory near the dam and It was more like a swamp than anything else. Long story short, Katara had pretended to be the towns patron spirit, the painted lady. She'd brought them food every night to help with the hunger crisis. The thing the town really needed was for the factory to somehow disappear. Katara was exposed but as a result, fought off some fire nation soldiers with the rest of the group and ultimately saved the entire town. They cleaned the lake up and it was just a morally enriching fable.

On the other hand, Adeline wasn't too interested. Her and Sokka had been slowly planning the perfect way to tell Aang about her abilities and finally explain properly to Sokka about how she even had them. They'd never had too many chances to talk about it so when everyone knew, she could just spit the stories out. She was just going to follow the format she used to tell Sokka. Start off slow with 'I'm a bender', let the chaos unravel and wrap it up with her background. Easy right?

The five kids lay against the ground looking at the stars, all with their hands behind their heads, giving their neck support and comfort. Blue shining meteors shot past the sky like giant raindrops with a diagonal destination. The sky was a mix of grey and navy with giant gas stars spiralling in the distance, appearing minuscule from the earth. The grass was soft beneath them, not pointy and felt similar to a slightly hard armchair.

"Wow, this is amazing to watch" Katara admired, her hands now spread across her stomach.

"Kind of makes you realize how insignificant we are," Sokka said with a slight sigh.

"I've never seen anything like it" Adeline admired.

Toph shrugged. "eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it 1,000 times."