Chapter 28

Chaeyoung's PoV

We stopped just outside the gate of the whole compound, guards on either side for additional security.

The whole ass gate covered the view but I can't blame them. It's their privacy.

One of the guards then approached us. Walking firmly with big guns on their hands.

We rolled down the window so we could have a chat and so that we can manage to convince them to let us in.

"What is it?" A deep voice guard ask me. I looked at him and smiled nervously.

"We're here to find some things at one of the residence here that lives in Li Villa compound." I answered. He grunted something under his breath and looked at me straight in the eye.

"Things?" He said bluntly.

Damn I think this man doesn't like to talk that much.

"It's...quiet personal sir." I muttered. Mina just took my hand and squeeze it for support. I gave her a silent 'thank you' by nodding my head.

"At what family residence you meant?" He asked again.

Jeez I didn't prepare for an interview like this.

"The Son residence?" I answered, his face darkens and raised a brow in suspicion.

"The Son residence weren't noble enough to live on this compound. So they left. its better if you do too." He said filled with seriousness and walked away leaving me speechless.

I walked out of the car to chase the guard.

"Wait! It's really important we need to get in to-"

"No." The guard cutted me off and went on to his station, leaving me like nothing even happened.

I sighed in defeat.

I then felt a powerful presence behind me. I looked around and saw an angry penguin giving death glare on that guard.

"Do you know who you're talking to?" Mina scoffed standing with confidence. I shivered when I saw her cold expression on that guard.

I saw the guard walked to us again, studying Mina with a nervous face.

Holy shit.

"Wait until my Mom gets to hear this. My friend getting cutted off by a low life like you!" Mina crossed her arms as she stared at the guard with an unreadable expression, making the guard taken aback.

"Is this how you treat the noble families? You're life is not worth of any of our time. Open the gates now." Mina demanded.

If I were the guard right now I would seriously open the gates with my bare hands.

"Who are you again?" The guard muttered asking himself but Mina clearly heard it and scowled.

"How dare you? Not knowing the only daughter of the Myoui residence! I must get you fired immediately. You piece of shit!"

His face paled as he heard the word "Myoui". He stumbled with his two way radio and said something making the gate open. I gasped at the fancy and big houses coming to my view.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Myoui! please don't report me." He bowed staying at his place asking for forgiveness.

I was speechless and looked at Mina who was smirking. Looking down at him like she's a queen.

"That is a horrible bow! You can do better than that."

He then bowed lower, while the other guards just looked at him amuse.

Oh wow.

"That's enough.." I whispered to her, she nodded her head.

"Next time when she and I come here make sure to remember our faces, I am looking to all of you!" She scanned the other guards who just nodded furiously.

I grabbed her hand and direct her to our car. We got inside and I started laughing.

"That was so mean, holy shit!" I exclaimed, Mina just laughed softly while I started turning on the engine.

"How did you do that?" I asked quiet curious about the sudden change of her attitude between the guard to me. She just shrugged.

"I tried acting to be superior and be a spoiled adult that came from a rich family."

"Partly of what you say was true but are you really spoiled?" I asked.

"I have a collection of modern cars, so yeah I guess I am." She said nonchalantly. I opened my mouth shock.

"Why am I even surprised?" I asked to myself and continue to drive to my car that looked garbage compared to the others.

We soon got unto the Son residence. The house was completely abondoned. You can tell by the empty aura around the house.

We stepped out of the car and started going to the gate. I heaved a sigh of relief as I saw the gate that wasn't locked.

Mina just followed behind me as we entered the gate successfully.

And surprisingly the main door wasn't locked either.

... Weird

We entered ourselves inside and looked around the place.

This is the place we're I truly feel at home.

"Do you want to look around for a moment?" Mina asked beside me. I just looked at her and shake my head.

"Not really, let's just go straight to the backyard that's were the garden is." Mina just nodded her head as a reply.

We walked through a hallway filled with paintings on either side with dead plants.

I then slide the glass door taking us to the backyard. The swimming pool was seen. It was very dirty and it smells like shit.

I scrunched my brows in disgust as I covered my nose.

"Did you fart!?" Mina coughed and covered her nose too.

"No I did not!" I exclaimed and blushed. Mina just laughed at me.

"Anyways the garden is just around the corner" I said and started walking with Mina walking at my pace.

I caught the sight of the garden.

It was.. Not the one that I expected.

Everthing was dead, everything stays right were you left it but it stills changes.

I traced my hands on the dead leaves remembering all the beloved memories that I made as a child.

Where are you mom?