Chapter 39

Mina's PoV

It's already been a couple of hours since Chaeyoung was not seen.

"Ma'am calm down, we can't just-"

"What do you mean calm down?! My friend is missing, and she is probably hurt or worse got threatened and raped or-or held in some hostage-- I want you to begin the search party right now!" I shouted, my mind went into thousand possibilities with what's gonna happened to Chaeyoung.

I kept my face straight with anger not showing any vulnerability such as sadness.

"Ma'am just please calm down." The officer offered me some water, which I took it without hesitation. I muttered a thank you to at least be polite.

"Mina! What happened? What did Chaeyoung do this time?" Jeongyeon asked running towards me with Jihyo behind her. I hugged Jeongyeon for support which caught her off guard but still hugged me back anyway.

"Chaeyoung- she's suddenly gone." I muttered, Jihyo just rubbed my back and guide me to sit with her.

"Want to talk about it?" Jihyo asked in such motherly tone that I wish my  biological mom have. I nodded my head.

"Why was Chaeyoung missing in the first place?" Jihyo asked. My throat got tighten with guilt and those swirling voices saying that's my fault only grew stronger.

"I just left her and I promised to comeback but-" I stopped midway of my sentence. They both looked at each other and stare at me in worry.

"... She's suddenly gone." Jeongyeon finished my sentence and I nodded my head weakly.

"But what were you two even doing? That could've gotten Chaeyoung missing?" Jihyo asked again, my face warms at the question.

"We we're.. Dating." I shyly stated.

Jihyo's eyes went ten times bigger with her eyebrows going as high as the roof, and then there's Jeongyeon her mouth fell down on the floor.

"You guys are dating!?" Jeongyeon exclaimed and Jihyo just hit Jeongyeon at the back of her head.

"Now is not the time." Jihyo glared at Jeongyeon who was rubbing her head and muttering a little apology.

"We really need to begin searching for Chaeyoung, who knows where she could be! She might be in trouble." I said.

"The sooner we find Chaeyoung the sooner this will be all over." Jeongyeon said agreeing with me, Jihyo just sighed and shake her head.

"We must wait until 24 hours before declaring that she is missing, searching for her right now is too reckless. We must follow what the procedure is." Jihyo said with a matter of factly tone, I opened my mouth to argue with her but only a sigh came out.

She's right..

"But we can't just sit around hoping that she'll just go one of our houses  and say something like 'I'm sorry, I got lost it was not my intention to get kidnapped.'" I said which is a bit childish, I crossed my arms when Jihyo just looked at me deadpan.

"That sounds like Chaeyoung." Jeongyeon snorted. We glared at her finding non of this amusing, she just smiled nervously and apologized again.

"I'm going to at least try to find her it's the only way I can do. I'm not gonna stay put and mope around." I said and stand up. My arm suddenly got grabbed by Jihyo making me sit back on my place.

"No you're not going by yourself its dangerous, plus it's already getting dark."

I rolled my eyes.

"Come with me then." I said to them impatiently tapping my shoes, they both nodded.

"We'll get dinner first." Jeongyeon suggested which Jihyo just agreed.

"Why are guys so calm? Our friend just disappeared." I scoffed.

"It's the best we can do right now, if Chaeyoung doesn't show up by the  morning then we will start the search tomorrow as soon as possible." Jihyo said and stand up, going to the exit.

"I'll hire the best of best tracker team. If that'll help you calm down." Jeongyeon smiled at me reassuringly before standing up following Jihyo. I just eyed the two and stand up sighing completely annoyed.

I can't say no now. There's no other choice.

-----------

"Are the others aware that Chaeyoung is missing?" I asked.

"Yeah, I chatted Dahyun that Chae is missing. She hasn't reply yet.. I wonder why." Jeongyeon replied and laid back on the seat.

We we're driving back to the place me and Chaeyoung went to.

"Whoa this place is beautiful.." Jihyo awed as she look around. I ignored her and stopped the car on the parking lot. 

The place is more beautiful on the night because of different lights illuminating under the tent.

Making them hit their heads on the head chair at the sudden stop. They complained about my driving skills, but I just ignored them again. A bit pissed off.

"Come on." I said and got on my feet, walking fast towards the innocent people buying some food.

Ugh! This place is packed! I hate crowded places.

The two slow pokes jogged behind me trying to walk on my pace.

"Slow down Mina we might lost you in the crowd-"

I simply glared at the people who was on my way, they made me some opening for me to pass through.

"Holy shit."

"Wh-who's that?"

"Stay back."

"The fucks happening?"

I put on my cold face to make people realize to never touch me or they'll be dead on their feet. It worked they're at least 2 meters away from me.

I don't care what these peasants think about me. They are not important. My diamond is missing and it will be found.

"Mina wait for us!" Jihyo touched my shoulder which the crowd gasped. I stopped and look around me seeing shock and terror on their faces.

"What?!" I asked the crowd they just looked at each other and continued on their business. I rolled my eyes and scoffed before starting to walk again.

You know what they say, the killer always come back on the crime scene.

There's a possibility that the person who took Chaeyoung is there.