Chapter 2 - in which Camila doesn't look like a beached whale naked

The last concert had been amazing. Shawn knew it would be a few years now until he did a big concert tour like this. He had some other projects he wanted to work on over the next two years, including a new album, and most importantly his new child, and a couple of secrets he was working on. He would definitely still do live performances, but a tour was a special entity, a live thing, a dragon that was hard to tame but damn fun trying. Now he was on the plane heading home. His team were all having a well earned break too, except the ones who had to get everything ready for the Latin America leg, and would be heading out ahead of him.

He had a service collect him, he was going to the new house where he had arranged to meet Camila. It was early afternoon, and she spent most days there at this time. When he arrived he could see the landscaping had all been done, it looked great, and the external painting and fences were all finished. He was a bit sad he wasn't there to oversee it, but he had a great project manager in Camila, and she hadn't been able to do much else, although she'd been getting a little bit of local studio time to record her new songs. She was keeping them as a surprise, so he was looking forward to hearing them. He texted her to let her know the car was nearly there and she opened the automatic gates. When the car pulled up she and Lita were standing out the front. She looked amazing, in a bump-hugging red sundress and flip flops, her hair in a pony tail. Lita had her hair the same, she liked to match Mama's hairstyles, and she wore denim shorts and a Frozen 2 t-shirt. It was her favourite movie and although it had been out for years, she still loved it.

The driver carried everything inside, and while he did that, Shawn approached his girls, picking up his daughter and pulling them both in for a hug.

"Papa, I missed you so much! Is that a new smile wrinkle?" she asked, pointing to his face.

He laughed. "No, it must be from squinting at all those texts you send me," he said. "How can I smile when I'm not here with you?"

"Oh Dad, you're so silly! I see you smiling on the YouTube videos!"

Of course she did. He could never fool this one.

"How are you?" he said quietly to Camila. His heart was beating faster just looking at her. He always forgot how incredibly beautiful she was, and how just the sight of her affected him.

"Better now," she said, kissing him softly on the lips. Her eyes carried promises of what he could expect later when Lita was asleep. He was flustered just at the thought, when he was around her he felt sixteen again.

"You should see my room, Dad, it's YELLOW!" Lita exclaimed, wriggling out of his grasp and running inside. He took Camila's hand and followed after thanking the driver and letting him out the gate.

"Wow, this place looks amazing!" he felt sad thinking they'd been living here without him.

"Today is the moving in day Papa," Lita said jumping up and down. "We've been waiting for you!"

He looked gratefully at Camila and she smiled knowingly.

He enjoyed looking around at how much had been done since he'd seen it last, just after they had bought it. The kitchen looked amazing, and there were supplies for Lita's birthday stacked up on the counter. He had a suitcase full of presents for her. No doubt, Camila would cull the loot so she didn't get spoilt.

He spent the day unpacking and setting up things with his family and because they had minimum food in the house, they ordered in for dinner and sat out by the pool. It was filled and ready to use, so as it was August and pretty hot, after dinner they jumped in and had a swim. Camila in a bikini with her beautiful belly, swollen with their child, was a sight to behold. He felt like worshipping at her feet. Lita crashed after her bath, exhausted from the big day, and Shawn carried her into her new room and tucked her into bed. She opened her eyes sleepily as he did so.