Hospital

Ava

I threw on a cropped hoodie and sped to the hospital practically interrogating the poor woman at the front desk before going to his room.

"you're not allowed to go in yet." Dani said and i found all my friends in the waiting room, why the hell were they informed before me.They all had guilty looks on their face.

"what the hell did you guys get up to?" almost immediately getting the idea they were involved in what happened, the look said it all.

"well...?" i questioned glaring at them all, Connor cracked under my glare "we're sorry" connor said "we went to go find your parents, well we already knew where they were we just needed to find out what they wanted we didn't know this was going to happen"Connor rambled.

i felt betrayed they went despite what i said Luke obviously told them why thy shouldn't tell me "well i did" i spat.

"Ava..." Dani started "NO. don't i told luke why we shouldn't do anything now and i know he told you, if you guys had just listened to me i wouldn't have to worry about  loosing my only brother and you guys wouldn't have to worry about loosing your friend. If you really thought about the out come and what i said it wouldn't have been a problem. What was your plan anyway? to break into there house and ask them what they wanted ?" i questioned

They exchanged glances, if i wasn't so worried i would have laughed "and where would that have gotten you, did you even think about the plan properly? because it sounds like a 5 year old came up with it " i continued bitterly.

they looked down in shame, after a couple of minutes i calmed down and sighed "I just wish you guys would of listened to me," i muttered loud enough for them to hear before sitting down in defeat.

"i'm sorry, i'm just scared of loosing pretty much the only family i have left, not to say i'm not angry at you guys cause i am but i should have been a bit kinder with my words. I know you guys care about him, anger just got the better of me." i said as Dani and Lea comforted me

"no need to apologise we shouldn't have gone behind your back like that and plus it was a stupid plan you're right" lea said "and i speak for all of us."

 "speak for yourself" Jordan muttered before lea gave him a glare, i gave her a small smile i'm not even bothered with why he hates me because if he hates me he hates me that's his problem he's the one missing out.

2 hours passed by, then 3 hours...then 4 we still haven't gotten any news  and more doctors have been going in since.

i've been death gripping my thighs preparing myself for the worst, 2 more hours passed by and it's already gone well past 12 pm it was already 5:20am.

A nurse finally came out of the room "miss jones?" she asked looking around " yes" i said stiffing a yawn " the bullet just missed his heart, he'll be lucky if he survives he's in a coma. Any questions?"she asked

"can we go visit him?" i asked, my face void of any emotions "yes but only 3 at a time" she said with that she left.

"you should go visit him first " i said to Dani knowing she's wan't some alone time and because i feel like I've failed him, i should have known.

she went in stayed there for around 15 minutes, when she came out her eyes were red and puffy she gave me a small smile.

"you should have some alone time too Ava" connor said i gave him a small smile.

i got in closed the door behind me and i hesitated not knowing what to say i walked over to him and held his hand "you're stupid you know that right? i don't know why you decided to go against, if you wanted to plan something you could have told me, we're family we stick together" i said before breaking into a sob 

"please don't die...i need you, we all do. I love you more than anyone else, well you're joint first with hunter obviously" i got lost in my thoughts the ones of running away. My eyes teared up " if anything happens to me I want you to take care of him...for me." 

I let go of his hand and planted a kiss on his head before leaving, i stepped out into the hospital corridor and froze "how are you doing sweetie?" my grandma asked with open arms, i walked into her arms like i used to do years ago and broke down into tears as she hugged me and whispered comforting words into my ears

" i'm scared" i admitted shakily " i know honey, i know i'm sorry this happened to you" my grandma continued "how did you know?" i questioned "your father called" she said. 

"that's a lie he hates me so does mom, they want us dead" i blurted dying down at the end, "that's not true, your father loves you he's just so caught up in your mother he doesn't want to loose her which explains why he's following her around like a lost puppy" my grandma said in disgust.

" he also told me to tell you he'll be in contact with you soon"she continued "tell him not to bother" i said "I wouldn't answer the phone if he called anyway."

i just love how she basically said my mom doesn't love me, but she's not wrong my grandma's always hated my mom she said she's ungrateful.

Luke

after Dani left, someone else came in i didn't know who it was, they held my hand and said "you're stupid you know that right," it was Ava I knew that because only Ava had the decency to start off a sentence like that 

" i don't know why you decided to go against me, if you wanted to plan something you could have told me," she continued i started to feel a bit guilty but she's wrong I din't have to tell her, i know the plan was stupid, i knew the outcome at least i know they're willing to go as far as killing us which means i need to protect her at all costs.

"we're a family we stick together" she said before breaking out into a sob, "please don't die... i need you, we all do i love you more than anyone else you're joint first with hunter though" 

she stayed silent for a while "and if anything happens to me i want you to take care of hunter for me" that part caught me off guard what did she mean by that? she's not going to try anything stupid is she? i hope not because i wouldn't be able to stop her. She let go of my hand kissed my head and walked out the room  leaving me alone in my thoughts and panic that she's going to do something crazy.

-------- 3 weeks later --------

i haven't gone school in 3 weeks and grandma called school to let them know, i have visited Luke everyday from as soon as visiting hours start to as soon as they finish, he's showing very little signs of improving but some is better than none, right?

But i can't help but feel like it's  my fault he's in hospital. i pray that he makes it out alive

------◀△▶------≪

there is going to be one more chapter after this then i'll be starting a visit from the past 

please don't forget to vote and comment, hope you guys are enjoying my book