Part 1

AN: Decided to re-post this story as I'm uploading everything to tumblr! If it's the first time you're reading this please bear in mind I wrote this 4 years ago so it's probably not my best work 🫣 but

AN: Decided to re-post this story as I'm uploading everything to tumblr! If it's the first time you're reading this please bear in mind I wrote this 4 years ago so it's probably not my best work 🫣 but... hope you enjoy it anyway 🩶

It was the hottest summer on record since records began apparently

It was the hottest summer on record since records began apparently. The heat was relentless, the kind of mugginess where you can't sleep, you can't settle, and you certainly can't concentrate on much.

You step out of the cool shower, enjoying the temporary reprieve from the stifling air, and start rifling through your wardrobe. What to wear? You dismiss your usual outfit of skinny jeans and grab a pair of cut-off denim shorts, then frown as you realise they aren't really appropriate work attire.

You work at a bed and breakfast in the small seaside town of Llandudno. It isn't the best you could do, but it pays the bills, and it fits nicely around your studies. There are other benefits too, you think, smiling to yourself as you pull a little flowery dress off the hanger and holding it up to yourself in the mirror. Hmm... it's probably a little on the short side... never mind.

By the time you arrive at your destination the sun's already high in the sky with not a cloud in sight, promising another blisteringly hot day.

"Morning Y/N!" Mary, the owner of the guesthouse greets you as you arrive. "You do look pretty today love."

"Thanks Mary," you reply, fanning yourself. "It's so hot out, I'm ready to pass out after the walk."

Mary smiles. "I'm afraid there's not much time to relax today, this hot weather's great for business. We've got ten more arrivals expected today. Can you get the rooms ready please? Bernie's out so I'm rushed off my feet."

"Yeah sure," you say brightly, inwardly groaning at the thought of making beds up and cleaning in the sweltering heat.

You start up the stairs, pausing as Mary's voice travels up to you. "And give that lazy son of mine a shove whilst you're up there. I swear he's not been up until lunchtime every day this week. I need a hand moving some heavy boxes in the kitchen."

You grin to yourself as you carry on up the stairs, ignoring the first floor landing where you should be starting work, and moving on to the second floor. You have a busy morning, but there's always time for a bit of fun first. All work and no play's not good for anyone.