Part 4

You barely sleep that night, and it's not just the stifling heat that's keeping you awake

You barely sleep that night, and it's not just the stifling heat that's keeping you awake. Your head is full of what happened with Van. You've spent many nights letting your mind run wild with all kinds of fantasies and now all of a sudden those fantasies could become a reality.

When your alarm clock sounds you jump out of bed with a little more than your usual enthusiasm. You step into the shower and lather up, closing your eyes as you run your hands over your frame. You imagine that it's Van's hands on you instead, his long fingers caressing you as you trail your own down between your thighs. You stop yourself. What the hell's wrong with you? You've never let a guy get into your head like this before. It's like he's taken over all your senses.

You get out and dry yourself off, feeling a flurry of excitement as you choose a sexy lace underwear set. Not that you've decided whether you're going to actually go through with Van's request of course. I mean, who does he think he is? He's so sure you're just going to give into him. Well, you're not going to give him the satisfaction.

When you arrive at work you feel a strange kind of anticipation, and you're on edge all morning. You're helping Mary and Bernie prepare the breakfasts and every time you hear someone step into the kitchen your heart almost stops.

"Y/N love are you okay this morning?" Mary asks you eventually. "You're ever so jumpy today!"

"Oh I'm okay Mary thanks, it's just..." you trail off as you turn around and see that Van has entered the kitchen. He's standing leaning against the far wall, eyes fixed right on you, a sly little smile pulling the edges of his mouth up.

"It's... nothing..." you finish.

"Good," Mary replies, starting to head out of the kitchen, then she stops as she sees Van standing there.

"Oh there you are. I hope you're not busy later this afternoon as your dad needs a hand with something. About 4pm?"

"Sorry, no can do. I'm busy." Van states.

"For heavens sake Ryan, you put that bloody band of yours before everything. I assume it's that?" Mary asks, sounding exasperated.

"Nah, it's not actually," he replies, then his eyes flick up to you. "I've just got something very important to do."

Mary leaves the kitchen, mumbling something under her breath, leaving you and Van in the kitchen alone. He steps over and you stand there, leaning against the kitchen counter. He comes to a stop just in front of you.

"So... did you get my note?" He asks.

You fold your arms across your chest in a defensive pose. "Yeah I did... but don't think you're just gonna click your fingers and I'll come running."

He steps forward then, so close that his hips are actually touching yours. What the hell is he doing right in the kitchen when Mary or Bernie could walk in at any time? He reaches up, opening a cupboard above your head, reaching for a glass. As he does so he presses right into you, and bends his head so his lips are hovering just next to your ear. You can feel his warm breath tickling your neck and it sends a shiver right through you. Then he whispers in your ear.