VIII | LUCKY COMPASS

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
CHAPTER EIGHT: LUCKY COMPASS
"He's my best friend, J."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION OF STAYING WITH JOHN Bs PLACE FOR THE NIGHT. After the event of finding his father compass, he believed that his father is still alive.

JJ, Pope and Kiara left to their own homes while I kept him company outside in his two hammock.

"You don't have to stay, Jordyn." He says as he plays with the compass in his hand. I watched the shore lingering with the sunlight as I laid on the hammock in front of John Bs.

It's hard to leave John B alone since we've always been right since I've moved into the neighbourhood. His father, Big John was welcoming but he was often out which lead me to stay here 54% of my life.

      "I know, but I want to." John B needed closure about his father. "That compass, you really think he's alive?"

His father was lost at sea 9 months ago, they haven't found a trace of him and many believe he's dead so the case was closed. "I know he is. It's a sign and I'm going to find him."

I bit my inner cheeks. "John, I know what it's like to lose a father." It's difficult for us to talk about our parents and I barely bring up my own.

   "Is that why you're staying?"

   "If we're being honest here, my moms got a new boyfriend, Hank." The way his name rolled of my tongue was as if I ate something disgusting. "I'd rather not go home to him."

   "Better than having no parents." He said as he gazed up at the sun.

We stayed quiet for a little bit, while looking at John B he looked as if he's thinking of something positive as he was holding the compass. We all called his father Big John, he was another John B he let us all into our homes and helped us, despite being out on sea.

   "Remember what you said to me when my father passed away?" His eyes turned to mine, his expression changed into guilt when I mentioned our past encounter. "You said to help me grow was to face my biggest fear, to accept his death."

    "Jord-"

   "And I accepted it. It's killing me yes, but I'm growing up and I'm still healing. So maybe running away from home to face my mom and her boyfriend is hypocritical but it's part of the healing process." I breathed for a second before continuing. "If thinking your dad is still alive, then I'll help you through your healing process because I love you John B. You're the brother I've never had before."