XI | QUALITY TIME

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
CHAPTER ELEVEN: QUALITY TIME
"You do know he's not the one right?"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈CHAPTER ELEVEN: QUALITY TIME"You do know he's not the one right?"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

WE ALL ARRIVED AT THE LIGHTHOUSE.
John B parker outside the sign of Redfield, once we all jumped out of the van, I stood beside Kiara and John who were looking at the tall exterior design of the lighthouse.

"Right. You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" John B told JJ who looked taken back by that question.

"Wait... Why me?" He fought back.

"Because you're not coming." Pope stated.

Pope and JJ were close together I saw how agitated JJ was by that statement. "Why?" He questioned him.

As they fought, I turned to face my cousin and John B. "Hey I could come if you want?" John B was clearly distracted by JJ and Pope fight.

"JJ could use some company." Kiara wiggled her eyebrow suspiciously. I cocked my head to the side not understanding that look.

Kiara, John B and I watch JJ and Pope argue.

"Look, JJ there are independent and dependent variables. You're independent. We don't know what you'll do." We all heard Pope say, did he really use science reference on JJ?

John B had enough, "Listen to me for a second." He caught everyone's attention. "Pope, you stand look out with JJ. Okay? Same with you Jordyn. If we get split up,
we meet back at JJ's house."

I quickly agreed and walked towards Pope and JJ. JJ clearly was annoyed by the fact that he didn't go but I am a great company to say the least. 

   "I'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay, and I'm trying to keep felonies to a minimum." Pope regraded me and JJ. Pope walked further away from us until it was just me and JJ.

    "What's up with that frown, blondie?" I asked as we walked towards our van. He pushed his blonde hair back before he answered.

His body towered over me leaving inches away from us, I was surprised by how close we are right now. It looked like he was holding in something, "What is it, J?"

  "You and John B?" He asked, within seconds I bursted in to a fit of laughter realising what he meant. He's a brother, I could never see them together. "Are you-"

"Never." I laughed out loud. "Didn't you say he was into Kiara?" I raised my right eyebrow at him, feeling suspicious as to why he's asking.

"I don't know you guys are spending a lot of time together.." At that moment I knew he sounded jealous so I played along, smirking.

"And does that bother you?" I moved closer to the blonde boy, he clearly felt weaken by his knees. Playing this game with him felt satisfying.

"You know.." He scratches the back of his throat. "You could really use a mint." He moved away, laughing.

Fair game.

The fact that he considered Kiara and John B to be a thing and now thought me and him? Since I moved here JJ was the only person who I set eyes on but we are in the friend zone.

"You do know he's not the one right?" I walked up to him, his hair was all scrunched and messy as he studied me.

He shifted closer towards my body,

   "Guys! Cops!" Pope hissed harshly at us breaking us apart.

Pope was in the drivers seat and I sat in the passenger with JJ behind in the back. "Shit! What about Kiara and John B?" I frantically yelled harshly at Pope. He shrugged while we watched the cop pull over.

   "My place." JJ spoke up. "They said to meet up at mine, so go." He told Pope, he did what he said and we all left our bestfriends back at the lighthouse.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Once we arrived at JJs place, Pope was hysterical. "If I'm going to lose my scholarship over this I'm finished." He rushed his words as we were pulled over.

I got out of the van, and I thought now would be the perfect time to give him my type of advice. "Pope, you either get your scholarship or don't. There's plenty of other ways to go to school."

"You're not the one struggling for money."

Shifting my shoulders I thought about it, "That's not the point, the point is there's a journey for you and if it means not getting accepted then you have to wait a little longer. If you need to go back home to finish your work we get it."

I had my arm wrapped around Pope, I turned to face JJ, "Right JJ?" He nodded.

"Yeah bro, J and I will call you when Kie and John B come back." He notes to Pope, he then waved leaving us alone in JJ place.

JJ place was a mess, it was always left by his father and he's barley take of him. Speaking of which he wasn't here which made me question it but I kept my silence.

    "You want a beer?" We walked towards the fridge, JJ picked up two bottles throwing it at me. I didn't even need to answer to know where there's a beer I'd take it.

     "This whole quest of this compass is insane." I mentioned, I heard him snicker before he answered.

   "Tell me about it. At least it's better than staying at the hideout." I sat on top of the kitchen counter as he leaned against it.

    "J, we almost died." I cracked a laugh.

    "We lived long enough."

   "We're 17?" I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. "I'm over my depressed stage, I want to live. When I had my mini panic attack... I realised that I want to settle down with someone, feel loved but most importantly feel alive."

"Yeah? And have you found that someone?"

Biting my inner cheek, "Maybe."

He gazed at me with his burning blue eyes not daring to blink. We both knew what we meant but it was so darn difficult to let it all out.

The silence soon began to tighten.

Clearing my throat I drank my beer jumping off the counter, JJ felt the need to grab my waist leaving us inches away from each other. He played with my hair pulling it beside my ear, stroking my cheek.

That is when I started to panic.

"You know, you could do with a mint." I hit back at him at what he threw at me before. I pulled up the mint that was in my back pocket shorts and gave it to him seeing that smirk.

"Good one." He threw it in the air to catch it in his mouth.

If only JJ knew.

this book is trash