IX | THE GOONIES

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
CHAPTER NINE: THE GOONIES
"Oh shit."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

AFTER THE EVENTS OF MS LANA HOUSE, JJ WAS QUICK TO TELL THE GANG. "And then they were right outside like this." He re-enacted the scenario. JJ was clearly stressed while I sat comfortably next to Pope where Kiara sat in the other end. John B was in his own bubble possibly thinking about what Ms Lana said.

"All we hear is bam bam bam! Knocking paint off the wall." JJ sidetracked his story by showing Pope and Kiara his hair. Kiara showed her disgust face, making me snicker a little. "Look at this shit."

"That's dandruff." She remarks. "Disgusting."

"Okay, do you saw the guys who shot at us?" Pope asked JJ then glancing at me. He was agitated by the fact there are men coming after us. Me on the other hand, I'm not that bothered.

"Yes." JJ confirmed.

"Did you get a good description? Anything?" Pope shifting his head back and fourth to me and JJ. "What did they look like?"

"Anything useful, Jordyn?" Kiara asked.

I shrugged, trying to remember how they looked like. "Like they don't belong here. Both hairy, old and-" JJ cuts me off.

"Burly."

"Burly?" Pope repeated confused to JJ.

JJ tried to explain. "Yeah like you know-"

"Not helpful, JJ." Kiara shot back.

"Okay, well. They looked like the type of guys at my dads garage. I mean you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers-"

"Yes. We know." Kiara informed the agitated blonde.

"I can tell you with full confidence that these boys, these killers are square groupers." JJ leaned against the wall, pulling out the cigarette, huffing a puff.

Letting Pope, Kiara and JJ discuss what happened I went over to the quiet brunette who kept a hold of the compass. "John B?" I woke him up from his gaze. "You okay?"

Before he answered, he opened the compass taking a deeper look. "What if they know about my dad?" He almost whispered as the background contained the rest of gang speaking.

Holding his hand that held the compass, I reassured him. "Let's not jump to conclusion. You found this compass for a reason, follow it."