XIV | 400 MIL

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: 400 MIL
"Your dad, he did it."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Pope pointed around the X mark. "X marks the spot." I didnt want to believe it but it couldn't be true that Big John could possibly find the royal merchant that he's been speaking on for years.

     "Longitude, latitude." John B read out as he pointed it beside the X mark. "Wait, there's somethin' else in there." He pulled out a tape recorder that was inside.

    "What's that?" JJ asked.

Mentally laughing at the question, Kiara outspoke it. "It's a tape recorder, dumbass."

John B didn't waste anytime and pressed the play button on the tape recorder.

     "Dear Bird.

That was Big John speaking, I felt a cold shiver flowing down my body. It's been a long time since I heard his voice.

    "Who's Bird?" JJ questioned.

    "That's what my dad called me."

I hate to say, I told you so, but I told you so.

And you doubted your old man. you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight,

Big John stated over the tape recorder, it's been a while since Ive heard his voice. My family and him were pretty close to say the least, he was there for me when my father passed away.

but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either.

I swore I could sense his smile.

You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly Father of the Decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn.

There was slight pause before Big John finished his recording.

And hopefully, we're listenin' to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Costa Rica,
livin' off passive investments
and pulling on permits.

Holding onto John Bs shoulder, I squeezed it comforting him, despite his father not being around he treated us like our second dad, especially since him and my dad were close.

If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons,

well, that's what the map is for.