The Big Adventure

The maze doors began to open as usual and the gladers stood at the east door staring into the deadly maze. "Okay shanks, remember your sections, stay with your partner and don't die" explained Minho as the runners began to walk towards and into the maze. "Great, we're all bloody inspired" laughed Newt mockingly. Minho ignored him. "Todays no ordinary running day shanks. Today, we're gonna find a way out".
Newt and Thomas began to jog towards section 5, their allocated section, chosen by Minho who was keeper of the runners. Minho worked everything out in the maze. Studied and ran every section himself but still, no matter how many times he tried, found no way out.
They'd been walking for at least 30 minutes trying to reach section 5. Thomas decided to stop for a rest. He and Newt stood against a wall trying to catch their breath before setting off again. Thomas couldn't help but stare at Newt, the boy was covered on dirt but his chocolate brown eyes sparkled in the sunlight. Newt reached into his bag and pulled out two red apples. Newt offered Thomas one but he declined he was too eager to reach section 5 to eat. So he simply just took a sip of water before they both gathered their things and headed off.
After walking for around 15 minutes Thomas reached a halt, causing Newt to stumble at his heals. "I can hear something" exclaimed Thomas, with fear in his voice. Newt turned to look around, his eyes wide. "Thomas" Newt said, his voice trembling. Thomas turned to look at what Newt was looking at. His jaw dropped. It was Minho. He had been stung.