Prologue

My heart was hammering against my chest and I was sure that he could hear it. But I kept my façade and stammered backwards as he cornered me against the wall. "Ward, this isn't right" I whispered silently as I begged him with my eyes to leave me alone. His brown eyes looked at me with an unquestionable desire and tenderness that anybody can fool for love. But it couldn't be love it was impossible. "I love you Serena" he confessed. All at once my heart leaped of joy and cracked of sadness.

My eyelids flutter shut and I savored the way my name sounded when he spoke it out loud. By now my body was betraying me and more than ever I wish that I could stop shaking. The beat from the music downstairs was shaking the floor we were standing on and just like me I felt like it was going to rip open, swallowing the both of us.

He grabbed my wrist and with his thumb he massaged the accelerated pulse that was bulging through my veins. When I looked up at his chocolate brown eyes he surprised me by the sadness that was tinted in them. "Why are you so incredulous to believe that I can love you the way people love each other in movies or in those books that you read?" He was begging me to answer him with the truth that would break our hearts into pieces. Or more, like my own heart.

I bit my inner cheek and stopped myself from smiling at the fact that he remembered all those happy cliche endings from my favorite stories. My breath was coming out in short and fast exhales. His proximity was making everything so hard for me to handle and I tried to physically prepare myself for my impending heart ache.

His perfect face was becoming a blur with the unshed tears that were threatening to spill out. "You can't love me Ward because you're a robot".

_________________

Okay so, this is a group project. Hi guys I'm Angela and Im in charge of starting the story off. So I write one chapter, My friend writes another and etc. Next chapter is gonna be me cuz It was my job to start it off, I just wanted to put a little preview. Anyways, Serena is Leigh Anne Pinnock from little mix, she's absolutely beauitful and Ward is Brett Dalton (Agents of Shield).

@angelagarcia568