𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣

For the event, Hidden, I listened carefully to who all of the guilds were sending in.

Quatro Cerberus sent in Yeager, a buff guy with tan skin, pale hair, and a spiky red collar. Mermaid Heel sent in Beth Vanderwood, a teenage redhead girl with blue eyes and freckles.

Raven Tail - they gave off a pretty suspicious vibe to me - sent in Nullpudding, a purple-skinned man with highlighter yellow hair. Blue Pegasus sent in one of their Trimen, Eve Tearm. I remember meeting him several times over the past seven years, even dining in fancy restaurants together occasionally.

The Laxus/Freed love child of Sabertooth was chosen by his guild-mates - his name is Rufus Lore. Lamia Scale chose their resident Ice-Make mage, Lyon Vastia.

"Well, well." Gray smirked. "in that case, I'll take this one."
"If Gray is playing, the Juvia will, too!" Juvia exclaimed.
"Um - Juvia - are you sure this is your forte?" I asked nervously. "I mean, you usually really stand out, and I thought—"

"Are you trying to take away my position to get closer to Gray?!" she accused.
"No!" I said. "y'know what? Just go on - go kick some ass, Fairy Tail style!"

"Throw the game and you'll pay for it." Gajeel grumbled.

Let me go over the rules - each guild team has five members. The tournament will last five days, and each day is divided into a contest and a battle. For the contests, each team is allowed to choose who will play, and they will be ranked according to their performance. The sponsors will choose who fights in each battle. For this part, points will be awarded not by rank, but by victory. After five days of repeating this process, the team with the most points wins!

All of the chosen team members were asked to step forwards. We retreated to the stands and, as soon as I was there, I ditched my team for a minute.

"Hey! Where're you going?!" Gajeel called. I ran down the corridors and straight to where the rest of my guild was.

"Kuschel!" I cried out.
"[Y/N]!" she turned around and leapt into my arms. I hugged her close to my chest.

"Where did you go?!" I said. "you made me so worried!"
"I'm sorry, [Y/N]... I-I just wanted to get some pretty flowers for you." she sniffled.
"Heyy, hey! It's okay. That's really thoughtful of you, Kuschel." I smiled gently. "but next time, tell me if you're going to wander off!"

She nodded slowly.
"I promise." she said.
"Okay. Now, come on. Gajeel'll be mad if I don't get back over there." I put her down on the floor and began to walk, making sure she was behind me.

"Actually... if it's okay with [Y/N], I want to go and see the other teams!" Kuschel said suddenly. I turned around, crouching to her height. I contemplated the thought for a minute or two.

"...Alright." I gave in. "but, I'm laying down a few ground rules. I don't want you going near that Raven Tail guild, okay?"

"They were really scary." she shivered. "I don't want to go over there."
I shook my head. "Good. Okay, and, if anything bad happens - if anyone tries to hurt you, or take you away, fly straight back to me. If you can't, then call for me. I'll hear you."

I bopped her on the end of the nose lightly and she giggled.
"Okay! I promise!" she said cheerily, before tottering away. I watched her go until she was out of sight.

'She'll be okay.' I reminded myself. 'She can care for herself... sort of.'

With the slightly reassuring thought in my head, I walked back to Team B's balcony. Gajeel whacked me upside the head.
"Where the hell'd you go?" he demanded.