𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨

"The competition for Day Three is Pandemonium! One member from each guild will be taking part!"

"From Fairy Tail Team A, Erza Scarlet! From Fairy Tail Team B, Cana Alberona! From Mermaid Heel, Millianna! From Raven Tail, Obra! From Blue Pegasus, Hibiki Lates! From Sabertooth, Orga Nanagear! From Lamia Scale, Jura Neekis! And from Quatro Puppy, Nobarly!"

I frowned. Orga again?
"Oi." Gajeel said. I turned around. "I saw your shoulders went all square. Don't go freakin' out on us again, ya hear me?"

I shook my head.
"I can't promise you that, Gajeel." I said. "I can't help it... I'm sorry."
"Hey, now! Don't be goin' all soft!" he exclaimed in a slightly panicked manner. "makin' you cry won't look too good on me, the lightning boy and Salamander'll have my ass!"

I smiled gently.
"It's okay. I won't cry." I said.
"Yeah... you'd better not. You're tough." Gajeel nodded. "too tough, 'cause bunny girl told me that you and the Salamander went 'n challenged Sabertooth! The hell is wrong with you two?!"

"We could've done some serious damage if that bimbo bitch didn't show up..." I mumbled.
"Bunny girl said that you started crying." Gajeel deadpanned.
"W-what?! That's just because the Sabertooth wench took Kuschel! I'm sure you'd do the same if she tried to hurt Lily!" I said defensively.

"Both of you - the Games." Laxus reminded.
"Sorry." I said, turning to the arena. It was a huge castle-like structure. I noticed that Kuschel was sat on the edge of Fairy Tail's stand area with Happy, Panther Lily and Carla rather than wandering around.

As far as I knew, there were one hundred magically programmed monsters in that castle, ranking from weak to S-Class. The more you take on, the more points you get. Erza was first up.

"I had figured this game would all depend on the number I drew." the redhead said with a small puff of air.
"You mean luck of the draw?" the pumpkin guy, Mato, questioned. "n-no... maybe, but I don't think so. The game is set up to be based on how you pace yourself and how well you sum up the situation."

"No... this game is over." a smile graced Erza's lips as she spoke. "inside this castle wait one hundred monsters. I choose to challenge... all of them."

Gasps and chatters were elicited from the crowd, including the guilds - except ours. Well, most of us. Natsu and Gray were simply laughing. I was cheering.

// Time Skip //

All of Fairy Tail Team A ran down to congratulate her. Despite being in Team B, she was still a guild-mate; I followed suit.

"Erza!" I called, running to her and grabbing her by both of the hands. "that was amazing! How are you so strong?! I'm old enough to fight you properly now, right?!"

"Hey, hey. We still haven't won the Games yet." she said smilingly. We all left the arena together. I gave Natsu an enthusiastic high-five.

"Erza really is incredible, isn't she?" I grinned.
"She sure is!" Natsu laughed. "you are too, y'know?"
I tilted my head.

"What of it?" I asked.
"Well... ya've really improved over the past seven years an' stuff, ya know?" he said. "between you and me, that Unison Raid last night was awesome!"

"Yeah! Flaming Sound Dragon's Exploding Symphony, what a power move!" I agreed.
"Once we've won the Games and we're back home, how about a fight?" the fire mage asked.

My jaw went slack out of pure astonishment.
"Really?! You think I can fight you now?!" I exclaimed. He gave a thumbs-up and a wink.
"Sure ya can!" he said. "Looking forward to it, [Y/N]!"