𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

I recovered just fine after Chariot. Natsu, on the other hand, had strained himself a lot, but Porlyusica said that it was nothing more than motion sickness and there was no need to worry about him.

What he had said during the contest had really touched my heart. When I had returned up to Fairy Tail Team B's area, Gajeel had trapped me in a headlock and given me a noogie, playfully scolding me for making Fairy Tail look like emotional wimps.

"[Y/N]?" Kuschel's voice chirped from beside me. "can I please go and look around again?"
"Of course you can! Just make sure you come back here when the battles end, okay?" I smiled. "and remember, if anything happens, make as much noise as possible. If I don't come and help you, someone will."

She nodded enthusiastically. "I promise! I'll see you soon, [Y/N]!"

I watched her trot away and, not two minutes after Raven Tail's Black Snake and Lamia Scale's Toby Orrolta were called into the arena, I felt a tapping on my foot. I looked down and saw Frosch smiling up at me.

"Oh! Hello there, Frosch!" I smiled. "what're you doing here?"
"Fro wanted to make sure [Y/N] was okay and say hello!" the Exceed replied. "Fro wanted to see if you were okay, you were really sad last time!"

'Oh my gosh, it's so sweet!' I thought.
"Frooosch!" I exclaimed, picking Frosch up and cuddling it to my chest. "I'm doing just fine, lil' buddy."

"Sting and Rogue thought you were really nice!" it said, suddenly. I gave a quizzical look.
"I think it means Chariot." Gajeel butted in. "cause, y'know, you tried to help the goddamn other team!"

"It didn't feel right to leave him behind!" I protested. "you of all people should know that Dragon Slayer motion sickness isn't something to be taken lightly, and it felt wrong to leave him there dealing with it on his own!"

"An' you almost cost us a point doing so!" the iron mage growled.
"Stop fighting." Laxus said. "we're all buddies here, aren't we?"

Gajeel and I blinked at him. There was suddenly howling and crying from the arena. I looked over and saw that, whilst Black Snake was the winner, he had torn up Toby's sock.

'That poor guy...' I thought.

"Yeah! Fro heard Sting and Rogue talking about [Y/N]!" Frosch smiled proudly.
"Oh?" I glanced at Gajeel warily. "what were they saying?"

"Fro doesn't remember exactly... but Fro thinks they said that you were a lot different!" the Exceed said happily.

"Well, that's one way to put it. Our [Y/N] really is a special snowflake." Gajeel nodded.
"Hey!!" I exclaimed. "I won't hesitate to perforate your eardrums."

Gajeel rolled his eyes as the next names were called out by Chapati Lola.

"Now, to get the bad taste out of our mouths, here's our second battle!" he said. "It's Bacchus Groh from Quatro Cerberus!"

"And facing him from Fairy Tail Team A, is..." there was a bated silence. "Elfman Strauss!"

I listened closely and heard that Bacchus and Elfman were making bets. Bacchus had said that, if he won, both Mirajane and Lisanna were his for a night. I snarled in disgust.

This statement rightfully angered Elfman, though he could barely lay a finger on Bacchus.

"Hey... hey! That's the guy I punched last night!" I realised.
"You punched that jerk?!" Cana yelled from somewhere. "Yeah!!"

Elfman used his Beast Soul, yet he still couldn't hit this guy. I leant forwards in anticipation.

"[Y-Y/N] is crushing Fro!" Frosch squeaked. I loosened my grip on Rogue's Exceed.
"Wah! Sorry!" I said quickly.
"Fro forgives you!" it replied. "[Y/N] is worried about her guild-mates, isn't she?"