𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙨

// Small Time Skip //
// 1st P.O.V //

I inspected the bandages up my arms and across my chest as Erza spoke, cradling Kuschel in one of my arms.

"Right!! Time for another good dust-up!" Gajeel grinned. He was also covered in bandages, even his right eye.

"[Y/N]?" Kuschel spoke. I looked down at her.
"What is it, Kusch?" I asked, using her nickname.

"I-I don't want to die!"

I was taken aback by the words, and knelt down, placing her on the concrete so that I was at eye level with her.

"You aren't gonna die, okay? I'm gonna make sure you don't." I said with a reassuring grin. "I swear."
"You swear?"
"I swear."

"O-okay. I believe in you, [Y/N]!" the Exceed smiled widely. I nodded and stood.

"Looks like it's finally our turn, huh, squirt?" Gajeel nudged me. His face had that sly grin. I didn't respond immediately.

"Yeah. I can't wait to kick some Dragon butt!" I cheered.
"Oi, you alright?" Laxus spoke. I turned to him and nodded.
"Yeah. I've killed a Dragon before, what could go wrong?" I said.

"These Dragons wanna kill you back, loser." the lightning mage replied. "now tell me what's wrong."
"...I'm scared, Laxus." I said finally. "I mean, not really, but... what if I die? What if you die? If anyone dies today, I don't think I'd be able to—"

"Shut up." he said. "nobody's dyin' today, you hear me? You're not dying, and neither is anybody else."

I blinked. "You mean that? Really?"
"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't." he grumbled.
"In that case..." I turned to everyone else and pumped my fist. "listen up closely! If any of you guys die, I'll—"

I was interrupted by a series of loud bangs.

"What is that?" Erza said.
"It's from the palace!" Elfman exclaimed.
"Is it Eclipse?" Gray asked.

"What was that roar?!" I yelled, my enhanced ears picking it up. Kuschel used her Aera Magic and she carried me away.
"Kuschel! What are you doing?!" I shrieked. "they need my help down there! Lemme go!"

"I don't want you to die, [Y/N]!" she cried. I stopped struggling.

Before I knew it, a Dragon made of flame crashed down in front of the group I had just left.

"My name is Atlas Flame!" it roared. "and I will show you the fires of hell!"

"No... Kuschel! Put me down!" I screamed. "they need me!"

We got further and further up and I stopped struggling eventually, instead opting to sob pathetically.

Something struck from behind and we were flung from the air - a Dragon talon?! I latched onto it, Kuschel went falling.

"No!" I shrieked, watching her disappear from my sight. Tears welled in my eyes and streaked down my face.

I turned upwards and began to climb up the Dragon's leg, onto its scaly back. Natsu and another man were already here.