𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣

You all fell from the vines that restrained you. The piercing ringing in your ears didn't subside at all, but it didn't get worse.

"Sting, Rogue? Are you okay?" you asked, rubbing your arms.
"Yes, we're fine." Rogue said. "I should be asking you that, [Y/N]."

Despite the shrill shrieking in your mind, you gave a reassuring smile.
"Better than ever, Rogue." you said.

Gray, whom of which had just appeared, froze Mard Geer's arm.

"Who are you?" Mard Geer's eyes widened.
"I came here to defeat you." Gray said. "I'm a Devil Slayer."

"A Devil Slayer, you say?!" Mard Geer seemed shocked.

"What the hell..." Sting breathed.
"If Dragon Slaying is for Dragons, and God Slaying is for Gods..." Rogue murmured.
"It's magic for defeating demons." a smirk made its way to Gray's face.

"How long have you been hiding this from us, ice bucket?!" you yelled.

Gray suddenly sent a blast of ice at Mard Geer.

"This is Silver's... I always knew he'd betray me one day, I didn't think it would be this way though..." he said. "fate is a funny thing."

He sent his thorns hurtling to Gray, who froze them instantly. Rogue vocalised your thoughts.

"Amazing!" Sting gasped.

"There's nothing funny about any of this." Gray said. "this is for my dad!"
"Dad?" Natsu spoke.

"I will destroy you!" the Ice-Make mage shrieked, sending yet another blast of ice at Mard Geer, who yelled out.

"Ice Devil's Zeroth Length Sword!" Gray shouted.
'He's gonna do it!' your eyes widened. 'he's gonna defeat—'

A thick bicep blocked Gray's attack. The Ice Devil Slayer was thrown backwards.
"Gray!" you called out, twitching at the volume.

"You made it..." Mard Geer suddenly seemed a lot more confident.
"Another one appeared!" Natsu exclaimed.
"Hey... he smells like..." you trailed off at the flash of shock-horror on Sting and Rogue's faces.

"The man that was at the top of all the guilds... many called him the reincarnation of the Devil himself." Mard Geer spoke. "Jiemma."

"Master..." Rogue said.
"That guy... wasn't he the previous master of Sabertooth?!" Natsu yelled.
"I thought that he..." you added, stunned.

"So he was turned into a demon along with Minerva, huh?" Gray said.
"Turned? You're wrong." Jiemma spoke gruffly. "I chose this power for myself - all for the sake of becoming the strongest."

"A demon with powers surpassing the Nine Gates... meet out newest member." Mard Geer smirked.

"Member?" Jiemma repeated. "with powers of these strengths and you're calling me a member?! Underworld King, once I'm done with these kids, you're next!"

"Don't be afraid!" Natsu suddenly shrieked. "there's nothing to be afraid of! Let's go!!"

He met Jiemma's fist with his own.
"I have no issues with you." he snarled, and then sent Natsu sprawling.

"Natsu!" you yelled, your head snapping towards Jiemma. "you'll pay for that one!"

You launched at him, despite the piercing scream in your head that made your very soul tremble.
"Sound Dragon's Roar!" you yelled. He crossed his arms up over himself and simply deflected the attack, sending it back at you. The sound waves struck your body and you were sent flying backwards.

"[Y/N]!" of the Twin Dragons, Rogue risked a glance back in your direction. The next moment, another cloud of dust went up and Jiemma had struck them.

"Weak. You are weaklings. Instead of children of Dragons, you should be called children of lizards." Jiemma said. "Sting. Rogue. I have longed for the day I could crush the both of you with these hands."

"We have nothing to fear." Sting suddenly spoke. And then, the Twin Dragons shot at the demon.

"Leave this to us!" Sting yelled.
"We'll deal with him!" Rogue shouted.

You dragged yourself from the rubble to Gray and Natsu.
"Oh my, looks like my control over my emotions is still imperfect." Mard Geer said.
"Got nobody to protect you now, huh?" Gray sneered. "I will—"

"Don't be so full of yourself just yet." Mard Geer suddenly spoke. "did you think you'd be able to defeat me in my true form?"

His wounds then began to steam and disappear.
"His wounds..." Natsu started.
"Oh no..." you breathed.

"It's been four-hundred years since E.N.D. awakened..." he said. "should be time I woke up too."

He suddenly began to transform. Your eyes widened.
"I am Mard Geer Tartaros." he said. "King of the Underworld. An absolute demon."

"Yeah... I get it." Natsu said. "by the name of Fairy Tail, we'll bring you down!"

"Come, humans. This will be our last battle." he snarled.
"[Y/N], stay back." Gray said.
"What? Why?!" you exclaimed, stumbling to stand between him and Natsu.
"Your head's not straight." he spoke. "I'm not gonna slap sense into you like I did the Grand Magic Games. Now, step away."

"I've still got plenty of fight left in me!" you insisted. "now, bring it! Give it all you've got, Tartaros!"

Mard Geer managed a demonic smirk before he flew up, then proceeding to dive down at the three of you. He grabbed Gray and Natsu in his claws whilst his head made harsh contact with your abdomen. You gripped onto his horns as he dragged your comrades.

He whipped his head and you plummeted to the ground. You felt your body slam against the harsh stone and a yell of pain erupted from your body. The ringing became harsh again, an ear-piercing screech.

Everything was hazy for you from then on. There were bright flashes of all different colours in the corner of your blurry vision.

You propped yourself up onto your elbows, only to feel your strength dissipating by the second. You fell back again, before forcing yourself up, groaning.

"Be quiet..." you murmured, clutching the sides of your head as if it would make the screaming stop. "oh, please..."

"Impossible... I can feel Weisslogia..." Sting's voice said from somewhere.
"Skiadrum too?" Rogue's voice added.

You turned your head and spotted the two Sabertooth wizards a few feet from you. The ringing abruptly stopped, and you slowly moved your hands.
"Isychia..." you whispered.

"Weisslogia's still alive?" Sting questioned.
"So is Skiadrum. Metalicana, Grandeeney, Isychia..." an unrecognisable voice spoke. "we've all been inside you Dragon Slayers. Or, rather, we've been asleep inside you due to a sealing spell."

"And... the trigger was that throbbing we felt just now?" Rogue asked.

You raised your head. 'A Dragon!'

You wondered if this was truly happening or you were simply disoriented. The ringing had finally subsided - you reckoned Isychia's presence was behind that - so you managed to squirm to Sting and Rogue.

"Both of you, stop this..." Sting groaned.
"This is why you Fairy Tail people are always..." Rogue trailed off and risked a glance in your direction. You blinked back at him, letting your head drop onto the rubble.

"I feel like I've been hit by a train." you smiled tiredly.
"You see, most people wouldn't survive that." Rogue replied, equally as exhausted.
"That's 'cause I'm daughter of a Dragon." you replied with a wink, before closing your eyes and sighing.

"It's gone!" Gray suddenly shouted.
"Gray!!" Natsu blamed the Ice Devil Slayer almost immediately.
"It wasn't me!" the taller of the two hissed.

"This book belongs to me." an approaching voice spoke. You opened your eyes wide.

"So I'm taking it back." he said. "it's really important, you know."

He had black hair and wore a black robe. If he owned the book of Zeref's demons, then...

He was Zeref.