Chapter 4

Seeing as Sabrina was one of my best friends, it only seemed suitable for us to spend as much time together as possible. Which ultimately meant having the same jobs and almost the exact same schedules. The only differences was our switch off days on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Besides that we were practically glued at the hip throughout the week.

I didn't mind though, I loved being around Sabrina. She was someone who kept everyone's spirits up using her colorful attitude and sassy remarks.

Today we were both working a double shift as a matter to take over for our two co-workers who had planned a week getaway out of the city to some island paradise. I had to admit, I was definitely jealous, however the two deserved it.

The shift also meant extra time with my Bestie.

Sabrina and I had been working at Little Bites Cupcakes and Cake Corporation for the past two years, and to say the least, we both loved it. It always had such a happy environment. Of course there were times where orders could become overly stressful, however for the most part, we were enjoying ourselves.

Children and couples of all ages would come in to share the love of sugar and witnessing it was one of the sweetest things.

I've witnessed multiple proposals during my time working here, whether it be sticking a ring in a cupcake or icing the words "Will you marry me?" onto a cake

I've witnessed multiple proposals during my time working here, whether it be sticking a ring in a cupcake or icing the words "Will you marry me?" onto a cake. And to say the least, it's made me a hopeless romantic.

Mostly the hopeless part though. In all my 17 years of living, I'd managed to score a single boyfriend and a few kisses from flings here and there. I'd never really shared anything special with someone.

But the romantic part of me, from watching one two many romantic comedies, was still very present.

Sticking the last few remnants of change into the cashier, I push the cart back in and look back up in order to ring up the next customer. Yet, the smile I always plaster on when greeting falls just slightly as I see a familiar face standing in line.

I think one of the main reasons my boss hired me was for my ability to always stay positive and smiling, even in the tougher times of working there. She was a sweet older lady and looked like the grandmother who would bake you fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies when you would come over. She ultimately made an up and coming business that has been thriving ever since it's opening out of it.

Yet, I couldn't help the small fall of my grin as I saw the brunette and her matching apprentice walk in.

I've never met Rylee previous of our first meeting and I hoped to never see her again after it either. However I should have assumed I wouldn't be that lucky.

The few customers that were in front of her came and went far too quickly, and I continued with my job with ringing up their orders. I quickly recovered from the initial shock of her presence, and masked the surprise well. On the other hand, the other girl had still yet to acknowledge my presence.