Chapter 6

Once Sabrina safely pulled us into valet, we made a grab for the catering packages so we could continue with our set up inside. We had to call for help from one of the bus boys because of how many dessert boxes the company had ordered for. Because of the amountage, I was surprised we managed to fit them all safely into my friend's Porsche, as it wasn't very big.

Taking another quick look into her backseat, I made sure we had gathered everything we would need for setting up and serving.

"We're good to go?" Sabrina checks, craning her neck behind her for confirmation.

I managed to sneak her a thumbs up from under my handful of boxes I had stacked up on my arms, as my mouth was busy holding onto a plastic bag filled with a number of knicknacks we would need.

As we made our way into the club, boxes balanced high enough on our arms that they towered a good foot over myself, and extra half over Sabrina, I could tell the atmosphere we were entering was extremely professional. Seeing as it was for the biggest company in California, I wasn't necessarily surprised. However, I couldn't help but be in awe of the set up of the many rooms people gathered in. Never had been somewhere so fancy.

Unless you count Sabrina's Quince from a few years ago. That was pretty nice.

The girl rented out a giant beach condo and the whole shebang.

Setting down the desserts, I was finally able to manage a decent view of the club's setting.

The place could have been flashing the words 'expensive', that's how extravagant it was. Guests were detected in their designer fits, men in custom suits and women in elegant gowns. The amount of times I saw "Gucci" displayed from someone's attire was too many to count.

Elegant music, a song I recognized as "Moonlight Sonata", sounded from a nearby pianist. The sound was absolutely breathtaking and beyond beautiful to hear. As a player myself, I had been able to recognize such pieces easily due to the years of practice and experience I had racked up for myself.

I nearly found myself swaying to it, eyes slightly closed as I took in the sound. Yet, the dream state the music had put me into I was pulled back out of. As quick as I found myself in it, I was just as quickly taken out of. Broughten back to the reality of the situation we were in, I made a rush for setting up, as guests had already finished their entrees for the night.

I understood why the company had chosen such a place for a party, or whatever sort of celebration they were holding for the night. The location was one filled with relaxation and elegance. A place to enjoy a luxurious lifestyle, that so many others could not afford.

Sabrina had informed me earlier that the host, an individual who I had yet to have the pleasure of meeting, had reserved us an area where we would be allowed to set up and serve. It was near the further side of the buffett bar, in perfect reach of any attendees who would like to enjoy a sweet treat.

Just like I let Sabrina handle our outfits, I trusted her with handling the layout of our table as well. There was no denying that she had an eye for organization and style. Minutes passed, her busy with desserts, myself occupied by my surroundings. I had yet to take in the enamore of this place, as it was so different then I was used to.

Sabrina was so familiar with these kinds of things, she had become unfazed by such luxuries. However, I could tell that she understood my awe stricken state. She allowed me to take a moment for myself and enjoy the sounds and sights in front of me.

"It's nice isn't it", Sabrina speaks, nearly finished with tying up the loose ends of the table.

"S'much better than 'nice'", I mumble, turning my head over my shoulder towards her. "It's absolutely stunning". I can't help but be mildly embarrassed by my words, feeling absolutely amateur in such a situation. Compared to all the other guests, including Sabrina, I was so foreign to such luxury.