Chapter 9

The momentary sleep I had fallen into while waiting for Sabrina's arrival was ultimately disturbed the moment she tapped me awake. The time I spent unconscious was obviously not long enough, my hazy vision and squinted eyes being proof of that. However I hadn't realized how much my sense of placement was off because last I remember, I fell asleep with my head on the kitchen counter.

Sabrina was currently crisscrossed across from me on top of her comforter, the two of us now in her room upstairs. From what I could tell, she seemed nervous, a feeling that was extremely foreign for her. She always held her head up high, basically radiating confidence from each and every one of her pores. Currently, that wasn't the case. The girl in front of me wasn't the extroverted girl I know.

Instead she was replaced with a small girl who bit continually at her nimble finger tips, the nail of each finger bitten off because of the nervous tack tick. Her eyes were glued to our crossed legs, every now and then switching from the ground and me.

It only took a few more moments for me to fully come back to comprehension and consciousness, Sabrina sitting up a little straighter when she realized my sensibility. The skin of her nails was fully torn off by the time she begin speaking.

By the time Sabrina speaks, the words come out far to rushed, each one jumbling over the other. But because I speak 'Sabrina', I was able to make out the disoriented apology.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my brother."

Despite the apology she just rambled out, for whatever reason, my mind was still focused elsewhere.

"How'd I get upstairs?"

My comment is mumbled, more so to myself then the girl across from me, but the sound still manages to catch Sabrina's attention. My off track mind and thoughts must have caught her off guard, her face scrunching up slightly and somewhat resembling a chipmunk, as well as earning a small laugh.

"You're more concerned with how you got up her rather than me apologizing" Sabrina sighs, a small tugging at the corner of her lips, highlighting the fact that she was teasing, despite the disagreement at hand. "But I don't expect any less from you, you aren't one for seriousness" she continues, this time a small laugh cracking through the tension of the room.

I can't help the small snicker that comes from my own lips, our laughs perfectly demonstrating Sabrina and I's inability to focus in a serious situation, and overall strength of our relationship.

I shrug off her comment, the smile on our faces disintegrating any anger the two of us held for one another for the past few hours. "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated sometimes", I nod off, motioning between us in continuation, "why be serious when you can be anything but".

My small deceleration earns another small smile, before Sabrina starts off again, answering my previous question. "Harry brought you up about half an hour ago. You were dead asleep on the counter downstairs when I got home" she explains, my face heating up at the thought of it. "I felt bad just barging in and waking you up so we could talk this out" she motions a hand between us in example, "so I figured I'd force my brother to bring you up so you could sleep a little longer".

Before I can manage to come up with a way of thanks for her gesture, she manages to embarrass me a bit more.

"You should have seen yourself" she laughs, her dimple popping while recalling the memory, "he had to carry you up bridal style and your head was hanging off the side of his arm. Looked like he was carrying a dead body. Your eyes were rolled back and everything. If you weren't snoring so much I would of actually thought you were dead."

"Sabrina!" I screech, most likely waking any sleeping person in the house with the pitch of it, slapping at her arm in embarrassment. "You know I'm an ugly sleepier!"