Chapter 14

"This is a big ass house."

Agreeing to let Zayn drive me home wasn't as bad of an idea as I thought it would be. He made casual conversation and kept his promise of only being friendly along the way with me. Plus the ride only took a few minutes considering we were only a mile away from my home. The ride would have been a great one home if I managed to actually get home.

The small detail about leaving all of my belongings at Sabrina's house had slipped my mind and the spare key that was often left under the doormat seemed to have disappeared; just my luck considering. And instead of Zayn being normal by just driving away once he dropped me off, he insisted on walking me to the door to bid me goodbye, which when I pointed out was unnecessary, he simply replied he was "just being a good friend."

So there he was as I scrambled around the front porch of my home, desperately trying to find a way inside and almost nearly breaking the glass window to get in before Zayn suggested another way. He first offered to take me to where he was staying, which I not only found suspicious but also pointless considering I still had none of my belongings. Instead, I asked for a ride to Sabrina's house, knowing I could get my things, as well as freak the fuck out to her about my current fake boyfriend and ex-boyfriend situation.

"Tell me about it" I mutter in response to Zayn's prior comment, "The inside is even fancier. Almost like Pottery Barn and IKEA had a baby together and each one donated its best genes to produce this place."

"Interesting way of putting it" he comments, laughing, as I find myself smiling along as well. "Anyway," I pat down my lap before reaching for the door handle, only to receive a look from Zayn that made me retract my hand so that he could be a gentleman and open it for me himself. "I should be going now" I finish, nodding at the house "thanks for the ride."

"Yeah of course" he nods, sending a half-hearted smile before shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans as we start walking to the front door. "Just send me a text if you ever need a ride again. More than happy to help" he adds, my eyebrows quirking up at his words, not used to such a helpful side of him. "M-more than happy to help as a friend" he emphasizes suddenly noting my reaction, stuttering slightly before sending me a full grin "I'll see you soon Gracie."

"Yeah, see ya" I smile back, sending a small wave before I punch the few digit code Sabrina had sent me earlier into the door pad, walking through the door of the huge home. I turn to shut it and see the small wave Zayn sends me before I close it completely.

A small breath of air escapes past my lips as I sigh somewhat in relief that the exchange between the two of us is finally over. My back turns toward the wood of the door, my head knocking back onto it, tilted toward the ceiling. I just had to get my things, complain to Sabrina, manifest Harry agreeing to be in a fake relationship with me, and go. How hard could that be?

"Rough day, I take it?"

"AH," I scream, my eyes snapping open, head spinning towards the familiar voice, "Louis what the hell" I breathe, immediately noticing the head of shaggy brown hair and bright blue eyes, "you scared the crap out of me."

"Sorry love" he laughs, pulling himself to sit up straight on the couch he was currently situated on. "You look stressed," he notices, eyes growing a bit weary as he watches me walk over. I situate myself comfortably next to him before groaning and pancaking down flat against the cushions, "Is it that obvious" I sigh, flickering my gaze over to him,

"Extremely" he chuckles, "What brings you here" he questions, lying back down onto the couch. "Forgot all my stuff and came to complain to Sabrina" I answer, rolling my head over to face him "And you?"

"Practically live here" he replies in return shrugging "Harry and 'Brina are basically family. I have my own place downtown, but my own room with my belongings here. And quite frankly this place is much nicer than the loft I own" he continues "so I opt to stay here more often."