CHAPTER ELEVEN

Above is Amanda thinking about her life

*******

The girls rushed into the theater, it was almost empty the receptionist had said the show ended two hours ago but Amanda asked if she saw any teenage boy standing alone probably waiting for someone.

"How could she have?" Amanda thought. "This is a theatre.  Of course there could be a million people,  including teenagers standing and waiting for someone."

“Not exactly," Amanda leaped in hope hearing the lady's voice "But there was one teenage boy pacing back and forth the lobby. If that was the boy you wanted to see, you just missed him. He just left few seconds ago with an older guy, who looked like his elder brother,  I presumed. I noticed he paraded the lobby for hours and checked his wrist watch each second. I was forced to ask if he was waiting for someone out of curiosity, that was when the older guy showed up.” The Receptionist explained.

“Oh.” Amanda sighed, depressed. She felt upset and disappointed at the same time.

She had missed her only chance of meeting her secret admirer, and not until now,  Amanda hadn't realized that she had also missed her last prom in Sultan High.

Although she was in school during the dance,  she didn't even think of having her last dance in Sultan high or even to dress up.

Amanda and her friends were still in their blue Sultan's Flower cheerleading outfit. Could it get any worse? Amanda quietly walked out of the theater and sat on the stair case outside hoping he would just appear in front of her.

“Thank you.” Bridget told the receptionist then left the lobby with Elena to meet Amanda.
They found her sitting on the stairs.

“I’m sorry Amanda.” Bridget apologized.

“Me too, we caused this. We are truly sorry. Please don’t be too upset with us.” Elena added as they squatted down if front of her.

“No, no guys please stop this. You did nothing wrong. I was only just blind, stupid and naïve. I felt obsessed with the idea of having a secret admirer. It was the only romantic thought I'd had in a very long time now,  see what it has made of me. A hopeless romantic. Who knows,  if I had paid more attention,  maybe I would have seen him." She said in a soberly tone facing her head to the ground.

"Amanda," Elena called out slowly

She raised her head and flashed a smile to her friends. "I'm fine and i’m glad I’m stuck with friends like you. Thanks for having my back. Besides,  for all we know, my secret admirer was never real, maybe he is like Jake and I just got played." She sighed sadly still attempting to tell herself a fact she wasn't sure if it was real.  "I'm tired, let’s just go home. ” She stood up and moved towards where Elena's car was packed.

"We played the hero for nothing" Elena whispered to Bridget.

Bridget let out a deep breath but replied nothing.

********

Damn, really? Not what I was expecting either

Damn, really?
Not what I was expecting either.

Don't be too sad Amanda,  the next chapter might be stronger..........

Thanks for reading friends,  don't hesitate to vote and leave a comment or two