CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Above is a beautiful cover made by Stellanread
She really surprised me with this cover.  Thank you so much

______________________________________

~~**~~**~~

Sharon felt she was splurging her precious time on her ex husband. Derek was never going to comply. She had come to realize, even then, she still had to try knowing Elena was his only weakness.

Sharon was so angry that she attempted to leave when an elderly man approached them,  forcing her to land back on her seat.

He was dressed in a black suit and his gray tie tugged firmly around his neck.

All the years Sharon spent married to Derek, she had known he had many tricks up his sleeves. This time,  she was curious on what new trick he would display.  But, seeing this elderly, cooperate dressed man holding a suitcase, she said to herself "So,  he's eventually going to give in." She smiled,  praising her hard work.

“Mr. Maxwell, you made it. Good to see you.” Mr. Benson stood up and shook his hand.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” He apologized.

“No, it’s fine.” Derek said showing the man an empty seat beside Sharon.

Mr. Maxwell sat comfortably, dropping his suitcase on the floor beside him and adjusted his tie,  releasing it a bit.

Derek took out his phone and called his driver. Ordering him to bring the briefcase he left in the car.

“What is going on?” Sharon asked, confused.

“Sharon, this is my Lawyer, Attorney Maxwell. And we are about to discuss something important, should you choose to accept, you will be—“interrupted by the arrival of his driver.

“Sir.” He called, handing the briefcase to him.

Nodding a thank you at his driver,  he turned his gaze back at Sharon then said. “Your language has always been money, Sharon. I won’t give you the house but I will give you something better. Not because I owe it to  you, but because I pity you.”

He opened the case, brought out a document and a pen “This is a contract,” he said passing the documents to her. "It simply says you can’t have custody of Elena under any circumstance and you have no right to any of my properties. After today, there will be nothing linking you and i again. You took what could from the divorce and left me with nothing but my precious Elena.” Mr. Derek Benson said this as he watched her read through the contract.

“If you sign this now, I’ll make the call and my assistant will wire the sum of three million dollars to your account.” He added.

She finished reading through the contract, frowning; she didn’t like the condition there. Was three million dollars enough? She enjoyed the fact that Derek, her ex-husband was her money bag and that was all about to change.

She looked at Derek, the lawyer and then the driver who stood beside Derek like a body guard. She took out her phone “Excuse me.” She said.

She went out of the restaurant and took a moment explaining the term to her new husband, few minutes later, she came back inside. She took the pen and signed the damn contract. The lawyer signed after she did, and even the driver signed as a second witness.

Derek fulfilled his own part of the deal. He called his assistance and the money was transferred immediately.

Mr. Benson was happy that things had gone exactly how he planned it.  He gave the contract to his lawyer who later photographed it and sent to his office mail as backup.

Sharon  got the alert of the transfer immediately and just as her eyes widened, staring her phone screen, Mr. Benson and Mr. Maxwell rose up.

“I’m glad we are able to settle this." he said to Sharon who did not blink a gaze at him.

Ignoring her,  he said to the attorney "Mr. Maxwell thanks for your time. Did you drive here?” He asked.

“No sir. I took a cab.” He replied

“Then you have to join me. I’ll take you home.” He offered as they left the restaurant together, leaving Sharon who was still lost in thought.

**********

“Check mate.” Drake said in his little man voice.

“How on earth do you do that?” Amanda said staring mystified at the game

“This is the third Game we are playing today and you have won every one of them. You my boy, are a genus.” Michael said tickling his son.

“Remind me not to challenge you again.” Amanda added as she went to the fridge and took out a bottle of coke.

“Don’t be sad Amanda, you’ll get it another time.” Drake encouraged,  letting out a mocking laughter.

“Ha, ha very funny” She said as she opened her bottle and drank from it “I’ll be in my room if anyone needs me.” She said aloud, leaving her dad and brother in the sitting room.

********