CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Above is Elena in her beautiful red dress

**********

Margret helped Elena set the table for dinner. Arranging each delicacy accordingly on the long, rectangular, glass dining table.

It was indeed the best moment to celebrate. Elena was very happy with the news her dad came back with, she couldn’t imagine how her life would be like leaving with Sharon.

To her,  Sharon was her mother by nature and not by heart and she was replaceable.

“Margret, can you finish this up while I go get ready?” Elena asked politely.

“Yes ma’am. You should also check on your father. I’m sure he’s having trouble figuring which shirt is appropriate for tonight.” Margret said with a wide grin.

“I will.” Elena said laughing at Margaret jokes.

She went into her room, had a quick shower and then, did her hair and makeup. She looked into the mirror and she immediately fell in love with who she saw.

She saw a happy and peaceful woman, even her mirror could not say otherwise.

She went through her wardrobe, brought out the dress she had preserved for tonight's occasion. A short, flayed, red satin gown that reveal some part of her back. Then, she took out a dark silver heels from her shoe line.

On her dresser was her diamond jewelry set her dad gave to her on her last birthday. Quickly, she dressed into those then dashed to her father's room.

“You aren’t ready?” She asked her dad after she swung open his room door “she’d be here any minute.”

“I am ready. I’m only not prepared.” He exhaled nervously.

“Dad you’ll be fine and I like the shirt you are wearing. The blue suit you.” Elena complimented, hoping to calm him down.

smiling a bit,  he said “Thanks dear. You look stunning.”

“Thanks dad.” she smiled. 

They heard a ring on the door,

“I think she’s here already." Elena widened her eyes as she spoke,  send hot chills to her already nervous dad "Dad you need to welcome her.” she hurried him out of his room and into the living room.

Margaret was about to open the door when Elena called out her name loudly.

Flinching,  Margaret stepped aside from the door with her hand on her chest.

Mr.  Benson walked towards the door with his daughter following behind him. Twisting the knob, he opened the door slowly. holding his breath, his eyes fell in awe.

She was indeed beautiful, exactly how Elena described her to be. Her hair was packed to the side which revealed her neck, her eyes sparkling like the stars and her smile added more beauty to her face.

“Hi I’m Alice.” She said sweetly, handing him the bottle of wine she came with.

“Thank you. I’m Derek. Please, come in.” He held the door open for her to come in "This is my daughter whom you've already met.” He tried to introduce, still recovering from she shock. He never thought she would be this beautiful.

“Alice you made it.” Elena said as she came closer to hug her “I hope locating here wasn’t too difficult?” she asked.

“No, the description you gave was very specific.” Alice said smiling