CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Above is a photo of Sultan high graduating seniors with their cap in the air

A shout out to Eddy622 for the beautiful book cover and banner.

If you are in need of an exceptional cover,  check out her cover shop........... 😘

************

That day tagged graduation was finally here,  holding so many mixed feelings in the air. Although many of them would miss their days in high school,  as many couldn't wait to leave, they still all could not avoid the feeling of facing the new phase of their lives.

Amanda,  sitting in between her two best friends, stretched out her hands and held firm on their hands as they listened to Sam Turner, the Sultan high Student body president speech.

“-- High school doesn’t end the same for everyone." He went on,  placing both hands on the glass podium. "Some have happy endings and some don't. I have come to realize that a high school achievement is not all about your date to prom but about passion, diligence and dedication. We have learnt from each other positively or negatively, we've made each other stronger. I’ve had my share of adventure and it was a great year for me--"

Amanda sank into the thought of her own 'high school adventure'. From championships to championships,  win or lose,  it was an adventure for her.

She smiled at the thought of that then, almost immediately, that smiling face turned upside down when she remembered her secret admirer.

Letting out a soft sigh "You win some, you lose some. Many boys ahead."  she hoped.

"-- My charge for you is to aim higher than the stars. Don’t be scared when you hit rock bottom. Always remember, the only place left to go, is up. Remain focus and keep your hopes alive.” He concluded.

“Congratulations, Sultan seniors you are officially a graduate of Sultan high!” the principal exclaimed then, the student threw up their caps beatifically.

Mr. Michael Udoh and his son made their way through the merry crowd in search of his daughter. And the moment he spotted her,  he exclaimed “Oh look at my girl!" wearing a wide contagious smile. “Stand with your brother, I want to capture this moment.” He said bringing out his camera and taking multiple pictures of his children.

Unlike Drake,  Amanda was not tired of posing for the camera. She was exceptionally happy and free and at this point Michael could not only but wish his wife was alive to see their daughter graduate.

Snapping of the sad thought that was about to ruin this happy moment, he hurried them to go join Bridget, Elena, Mr. Benson, Alice, Mr. and Mrs. Robertson at Their reserved table.

"Hey!" Mr. Robertson called out "I was about to come find you."

The rest laughed and then,  exchanged greetings

"Don't mind me Bro, had to take some pictures." Michael settled for a chair close to the one Drake had picked, while Amanda went to sit close to her friends across the rectangular table.

Elena whispered something to her friends and they all burst into a loud laughter.

"What's funny?" Mr. benson asked,  curious.

"Nothing dad." Elena said amidst little giggling.

"Oh let them enjoy their day," Mrs. Robertson voiced "They are just happy to have come this far."

"Of course we are." Bridget added.

"Speaking of which," Mr. Udoh voiced . He reached into his Suit inner pocket and brought out some envelope "This came in the mail for you but you left before it arrived."

Amanda collected the envelopes from her dad and went through it. "This is from Grandma," she dropped that on the table in front of her "This is from Aunty Becky," she is Amanda's late mother's Elder sister.  She also dropped it on the table and then stared at the last envelope. "And this is from--" there was nothing written on the envelope except 'TO MY CANDY'.

she lowered the envelope and stared at her friends who already had their gaze fixed on her.

She raised the envelope back to her face and quickly,  she tore open the envelope and brought out the letter.

Their parents were engrossed zestfully in their loud conversation, they barely noticed Amanda with the letters but not her friends.

She straightened the folded and read through.

To my candy, Amanda.

Dear Candy,

I wish I could sit so close to you right now,  tug your hair behind your ears and whisper how beautiful you look.

Oh how I missed the chance to see how beautiful you look in that graduation gown but I bet you look stunning as ever.

You must be very upset with me,  I have no better explanation to give but to say I'm sorry for missing our graduation.

With love.

Amanda gasped after reading the letter. She raised her head immediately and her gaze met her friends who still gave her that baffled look.

"Who among us missed graduation?" she asked,  bulging her eyes mystified.

**************

By

Thrilling right?

Thrilling right?

Well,  as for me,  I don't know what I would have done if I was in her shoes.

What would you have done?

Leave a comment and also don't forget to vote

Love the banner and my new book cover?

Check out Eddy cover shop Eddy622