Chapter 6 'This Place Is Only Ours'

Thank for all who are reading, voting and commenting. It means so much to me. 

I know how much is going on right now in the world, and in the scheme of things this isn't important, but its a slight distraction.

Enjoy the chapter and as always, comments are always welcome!

I hope you are all keeping safe 

Sarah

Chapter 6 'This Place Is Only Ours'

Kuzgun POV

Kuzgun was sitting down with his back up against the base of the tree. A place he had sat so many times over the past year, alone with only his thoughts. But this time he was different. This time he wasn't alone.

Dila was positioned in between his legs, with her back laying against his chest. His arms wrapped around her small frame, and their hands were intertwinned tightly together.

There was no other way he felt more at home than with Dila nestled his arms at their tree.

They watched as the sun rose over the city, with orange and red hues lighting up the early morning sky. He exhaled heavily, feeling relaxed and content, while closing his eyes and resting his lips to the top of her hair, gently leaving a kiss.

"Kuzgun?" Dila whispered in a soft and delicate tone that affected him in so many ways.

"Hmm?" he murmured into her hair.

He felt her move away and he opened his eyes. She was now facing him and the light from the sunrise hit her hair, and if it were possible it became more golden and luminous.

He gazed at her face, that held her delicate and doll like features. 'This face', he thought. The face he had never forgotten about for 20 years. He hadn't remembered anything else, only she had been the constant. It had been carved into his mind like her name on his chest.

When he had returned, he tried so desperately to separate the little girl who was his best friend and the woman who made his heart beat again since the moment he saw her walk out of that airport and back into his life. But it was useless, he very quickly came to realise she was his Dila. She hadn't changed, she still had her wit, her ability to challenge him, her care for others and her strong love for him. That beautiful little girl had turned into a stunning accomplished young woman. There was no way he could separate them, they were exactly the same person, and he had been a fool to think otherwise.

"Sevgilim, did you hear me?"

He had seen her lips moving but had been in a complete daze just staring at her and getting lost in his thoughts, to pay any attention to what she was saying.

"Ahh, evet" he nodded with a smirk and then paused, taking a look at her expression and knowing she didn't believe a word he said.

She smiled back at him and shook her head, "Is this what it's going to be like from now on? Me talking and you zoning out?" she chuckled, "there is no need to slip into that mode before we are even married again, aşkım"

He tilted his head to the side, just admiring her sweet smile and challenging state, "Ama...," he shrugged his shoulders, raising his hand to gently caress her cheek, "it's not my fault though" he told her. She blushed and looked down shyly. He noticed she never quite knew what to do or where to look when he gave her a compliment. It was utterly endearing to him.