CAPITOLO DODICI| Before it Breaks

"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting. - P. Coelho"

AUGUST
NEW YORK

I know I told Luciano that I'd give this a try, that he said he wants a relationship with me

I know I told Luciano that I'd give this a try, that he said he wants a relationship with me... but I don't think he knows how to do it.

Our unorthodox arrangement has been going steady for a little over a month now.

I still work two 36-hour shifts at the hospital throughout the week.

Officially a board member, Luca has unfiltered access to the hospital and chooses to visit me during my breaks. He'll bring me food from various restaurants across the city, eat with me, engage in small talk, then I'd take him up to an on-call room for a quickie.

Thankfully, no one has sparked any new rumors about me which means they haven't noticed that I have a new appendage—the large Italian man who is always dressed in a tailored suit and follows me around like he doesn't have anything better to do.

Roman sends daily text messages trying to get back in my good graces. Sometimes I respond because I do miss him. Then he'd ask to see me and I'd remember what happened and I'd tell him to fuck off.

I don't work on Fridays. Before Luca, I'd spend the day sleeping. Now, Maddy and I make it a weekly event to go to Prism after having dinner together.

We skip the line, enter without paying club fees, drink for free, and dance all night long.

Correction: we dance until our feet hurt.

It usually happens about an hour or two after midnight. By thing, she'll either go home alone or leave with a new conquest. At that point I'd see her off, then go back inside, avoid the dance floor and go upstairs to Luca's office.

He usually isn't inside when I go up. So, I grab a book from his bookshelf, layout on the couch, and try to read until he returns.

When he does, it always leads to drunken ramblings, flirty banter, and passionate kisses.

From there on I am a willing participant to being bent over his desk, fucked across the couches and on the floor, and the against mini-bar or—

Let's just say because of Luciano, I've completed 60% of the Kama sutra.

Now that's is definitely something I never thought I'd say.

I'd love to say it's the alcohol that uninhibited me, but I'd be lying. It's him.

He has the sexual knowledge of a tantric master and he has no self-restraint when it comes to me.