Chapter 2

~UwU~
____________________________________________

   Ino Yamanaka, closest to Shikamaru Nara and Choji Akimichi. She would be performing for all Konoha to see.

Was she scared? No.
Was she nervous? A little.
Is she ready to nail it? Hell yeah she is.

    With confidence Ino walked on stage as the music started to play; walking with a slow pace until she neared the middle.

All of Konoha was looking at her, and they seemed to sway to the calming sound of the music.

    "I'm startin' to feel some sort of way,"

Both Choji and Shikamaru knew their teammate quite well, they did have a close family bond after all, and made up the InoShikaCho formation.

And soon, they become proud to say, 'that's our girl!' When they got the chance.

    "You give me goosebumps every day,"

Her singing, with no shyness came as no surprised to them. It didn't either to the rest of the Konoha twelve, or anyone in Konoha for that matter.

    "And when you look at me and smile I wanna say,"

However, Shikamaru was interested in what she was singing.

    "I~ think you're okay,"

He wasn't going to lie to himself by saying that he didn't like Ino, he did. He really did, and not as a friend, which is something he found troublesome to accept at first.

    "Your stupid face makes me insane,"

Ino walked closer to the stage infront of all her friends, but instead of looking at them she kept her eyes on the crowd.

    "My heart feels like it's trapped up in cellophane,"

Everyone seemed to have their eyes closed and swaying to the music, even her own friends. But not Shikamaru, he kept his eyes fixated on her.

And she knew it, she could feel it, her gut telling her he was watching.

The way her heart beat accelerate about the thought of his eyes on her wasn't something new, she was rather used to such a thing happening.

    "And everytime I try to unwrap the pain
I~ feel so ashamed,"

Soo she closed her eyes and swayed to the music aswell, relaxing herself aswell, and hoping her heart would beat normally.

    "Oh~ but you don't know how I feel, mm~"

She furrowed her eyebrows a little and smiled as she sang and swayed across the stage, doing little twirls.

    "Its like everyday I'm runnin' uphill~"

And he, despite the trouble, liked her extroverteness. Despite being as loud mouthed as Naruto, and having been obnoxiously annoying during their childhood, he found himself liking her.

The girl who used to chase after Sasuke, the one who tried to boss them around, insult them even, and become mad for reasons beyond him.

    "Oh~ why can't I just spit it out and tell you right now~"

And here he was, liking that same girl, who had grown and matured, and he could only wonder what love was.

When she came to a stop and looked at the audience, all peacefully swaying to the music, her smile grew and his heart could only skip a beat.

    "That you're the one I want out loud?"

She looked down at her friends and smiled, noticing them enjoying the song, even Sasuke and Neji, the fricking ice cubes in the group.

    "I guess I'll stop here and not hint at all.."

She trailed her line of sigh across her friends, staring from; Naruto, Sasuke, Neji, Lee, kiba and Akamaru, Shino, Choji and-

    "That you're one I've fallen for,"

Her line of sight stopped at Shikamaru, and she flushed at the smirk plastered on his lips.

    "But if you ever think of me as anything more~"

He was relaxed, just like anyone else. Enjoying himself would keeping eye contact with the blonde haired woman.

    "I'll be here at your~" and she wondered, if their was even a small chanced he felt the same as her, "Call."

When the music ended she gave a smile to him and walked backstage, her heart pounding once more.

    "Did you get her out?" She asked as she neared her other two friends, luckily being able to distract herself from the events.

    "No, she won't open the door.." Tenten let out a defeated sigh.

    "We'll just save her for last," Hinata suggested, "I'll go up, you both just keep trying to keep reasoning with her." She concluded on a positive note.

The other two nooded and watched as Hinata neared the stage, taking in a deep breathed and letting it out before she walked out.
____________________________________________