The Caretaker (Tien)

You just clocked in to start your shift at the hospital on Papaya Island, as a nurse. You've been in the profession for a few years now since you're in your early twenties and went to nursing school immediately after graduating high school. Caring for people and making sure they got back to their normal, healthy selves has always been a love of yours, doing so whenever your parents and siblings got ill as you were growing up.

"Y/N! Glad to see you're here! We need you up on the East wing of the third floor to care for some new admitted patients. Not in horrible condition, just somewhat out of it." You turn your head to the source of one of the doctors on duty. Smiling gladly and giving confirmation that you understand your orders, you head up to where you're set to work for the day.

As you go up the floors on the elevator you entered, you wonder what kind of patients you'll be looking after today. Thinking to yourself, you remember that the World Martial Arts Tournament is currently going on. They could be participants from there. If so, they must not be too banged up since they're already located on the third floor instead of the emergency ward.

"Well, that's good!" You say quietly out loud to yourself. Sometimes participants from the tournament that get admitted are in severe condition, and it's always somewhat broke your heart knowing another being did this to the patient, even if it is for an art form.

The room you were designated to check up on when you reached the third floor, to your surprise, had only one patient. Other rooms were pretty filled so you knew you'd have to check on them throughout your shift, but starting it out slow was never something you could complain about.

As you enter the room, you hear some agitated groans followed by a defeated sigh. When you take a look at the patient, it's blatantly obvious that he's a participant in this year's tournament. Even though he was laying in the bed with a blanket covering his torso and down, you could tell that he's tall. The bald man, with a nice jawline that you noticed, was extremely fit with well toned muscles, which is what gave away to you that he's a participant.

"He's handsome," you thought to yourself. Briefly though, you were shocked upon laying eyes on his sharp face to find a third eye on his forehead. For a moment there, you almost let out an immediate reaction. But a third eye isn't the strangest thing you've seen. This world was filled with a huge array of different beings. You had to admit that you'd never seen anyone with a third eye.

The muscled man turned his head slightly to look at who was approaching him. When the two of you made eye contact, you couldn't control the slightly blush that came over your cheeks. Subconsciously you must have thought this man was more handsome then you originally let yourself believe.

Seeing that you seemed caught a bit off guard, he gave you a quick, small smile in an attempt to lighten the air. In a slightly raspy but comforting voice, he asked, "I guess you're going to be looking after me today?"

Smiling back to him, you warmly respond with a, "You bet." and finish closing the distance between you two and are now right beside his bed. "My name is (Y/N). Usually I'd also say that I'll be looking after you today but you already took care of that part for me," continuing with a now resting smile on your face and gleaming eyes. This is something you do with all the people you look after, so despite admiring his looks, you look at all your patients with warmth.

What you said must have been amusing to the man since he let out a brief chuckle, all before letting out a hiss of pain and clutching his side while brokenly replying that his name is Tien, even though you already knew that by glancing at his patient information written on the whiteboard on the wall.

"Hi Tien," you reply soothingly before the smile wiped off your face and turned to one of concern. "I guess that's why you're here," you say as you now proceed to move his hand out of the way to take a closer look at his injury. He was really warm, as somebody who gets cold so easily and so often, your mind briefly wandered off to fantasizing what being held in his arms would be like. You quickly shook that thought off.