~10~

Jeongin sat at his desk early in the morning he was the first one to school like normal. He stared at the letter in front of him that he'd taken hours to write and still hadn't finished. It was a confession letter instead of letting his feelings build up Jeongin decided to let them out by writing. He wrote everything he felt for his best friend Hyunjin out on the small paper it ended up completely full when he was done. Of course he never planned to give the letter to Hyunjin but it felt nice to have it written down. It allowed Jeongin to have a little peace in the mess of emotions he was going through. Jeongin smiles lightly at the letter when he heard the door open he quickly scrambled to shove the letter in his backpack.

"Hey innie!" Hyunjin said happily not noticing Jeongins panic.

"H-hey," Jeongin paused taking a breath, "you look happy something good happen?"

"You were right about Minho he forgave me!" Hyunjin said with a bright smile sitting next to Jeongin.

"That's great," Jeongin smiles but deep down he felt sad. He was happy for Hyunjin but now that he and Minho were friends again Jeongin would become the background friend once more. It seemed like Hyunjin only came to him when Minho wasn't around but at this point Jeongin was used to it.

"We should have a celebration party whooo-" Hyunjin began to cheer but stopped when the door opened and the familiar girl stepped in, Pei.

Hyunjin avoided any eye contact sitting down quietly and pretending to do homework. Jeongin looked at Pei and they both gave an awkward smile before Pei sat down at her desk. As if to make it worse Minho entered the room Hyunjin looked up and waited for something to happen but Minho didn't even look at Pei. Instead his eyes were glued to his phone as he had a smile plastered on his face. Minho almost bumped into a couple of desks before making it to his own sitting down without taking his eyes off his phone. Hyunjin noticed Pei glancing at Minho and the looking away almost disappointed. Trying not to feel sad from that Hyunjin wondered what Minho was doing by what Hyunjin could see it looked like he was texting someone. Minho looked happy but who was he talking to?

Had he moved on from Pei that quick?

Is that why he forgave Hyunjin so fast?

Hyunjins thoughts were interrupted by the bell and the teacher. But even though class started he remained distracted observing Minho. Normally Minho was a good student always paying attention and never breaking rules yet he was on his phone during the entire class that weirdly sweet smile still on his face. Hyunjin wanted to ask Minho about it but he was scared to mess anything up since they'd just got back to being friends, so he decided not to.

When class ended and Minho left Hyunjin turned to Jeongin and started spewing all his questions out.

"Woah woah woah Hyunjin, so Minho's texting someone how do you it's not just a friend?" Jeongin asked.

"The way he was smiling was not a "friend" smile it was a "crush" or "in love" smile for sure!" Hyunjin said still thinking when he realized Minho had left quickly maybe he was going to meet whoever he was talking to.

"Hyunjin I think you're overthink-" Jeongin started to talk but Hyunjin had already started dragging him down the hallway.

"What are you doing?" Jeongin said.

"Shhhh we are following Minho to see who's he's talking to," Hyunjin said spotting Minho and trying to sneakily follow.

"Oh my gosh Hyunjin-" Jeongin fried to speak but got cut off again.

"Shh there he goes," Hyunjin said following Minho to the classroom peeking around the corner.

Hyunjin looked into the room and saw a familiar face, "oh it's just Jisung."

Jeongin sighed his eyes, "see I told you."

Hyunjin paused thinking for a minute, "but why was he smiling like that, and texting during class? Minho never does that. Also he does homework during break time he would never walk across the entire school just to talk to a friend. Somethings going on they're weirdly close now." Hyunjin ranted to Jeongin who rolled his eyes before walking away back to class.

"Where are you going? Jeongin? Come back!" Hyunjin chased after him.

———

Jisung walked back to class after talking to Minho he had a bright smile on his face and a stomach filled with butterflies. Oblivious to the world around him he sat down at his desk not noticing his friends confused stares.

"Why do you look so lovesick dude?" Felix said.

"Huh? What do you mean?I-I'm not!" Jisung said his turning red.

"Oh please I know that look so well remember Chan last year he was king of that face," Felix replied.

"I....uh...okay so maybe I have a small crush on someone..." Jisung quietly said.

"Minho right?" Felix said causually.

"H-how did you know?!" Jisung said his eyes wide.

"It's obvious you were texting him all class with that dumb smile and even went to meet him," Felix said with a shrug.

"Really....it's hopeless though he likes that girl I mean of course he does she's basically perfect..."Jisung sighed.

"Hey how do you know he doesn't like you I mean maybe he just hasn't realized it," Felix suggested.

"Do you really think so?" Jisung asked.

"He literally texted you all class "minho the model student" broke a school rule just to talk to you." Felix said with a laugh.

"He did didn't he.....but that doesn't necessarily mean anything!" Jisung said refusing to believe someone like Minho could like him.

"Whatever you'll see i'm right sooner or later," Felix said before turning back to his homework.

Jisung basically spent the rest of class trying to convince himself Minho didn't like him while hoping he did.

Did Minho like Jisung?

If he did would he realize it in time?

Would he be able to accept the fact that this squirrel-like boy made his heart skip a few beats?

Or would he pursue the girl who caught his eye in the beginning?

(this story might end soon so after it's over should i write a story just for changlix? i could also write a story for chan's romance its pretty deep)