Prologue: Flashbacks

Kaillie Adams: (not edited)

You know, I still remember the day Zach Holden asked me out. It was a normal day; no special presentations I had to dress up for, Carter had given me a ride to school, I had met Abby at the school doors like usual. It wasn't until I saw Zach standing at my locker waiting for me, did I get the feeling that something was about to happen, or maybe change. Something important. I had been helping Zach with his homework in English, and we had worked together on an English assignment. Over that time period, we had spent more time getting to know each other. He was really nice, quite funny and charming. He seemed to be a good guy. He was able to make me smile. But waiting for me at my locker? He hadn't done that before. So when he handed me a supposed English assignment to edit for him, I couldn't help but think twice. But scrawled on the back of the last sheet of page was a note.

I think you're lovely. Do you wanna go out sometime? Check yes, no or maybe.

I had thought it was quite cute. I checked maybe, and told him I'd think about it. I didn't want to seem overeager or something. He read the note I had written underneath his writing, and walked away with an easy smile. I wanted to think, maybe check to make sure he was a good guy like he seemed? Since I've read books on heartbreak, I refuse to give my heart over to someone so casually.

The first person I told was Abby, partially because I saw her before I saw Carter. I had to tell somebody! She said that she'd heard good things about him, that he really was a good guy. This made me excited! After all, best friends don't lie to each other, and Abby would never lie to me. I thought maybe it could work. After all, I did like the guy. But he had to be cool with my best friends, or it would never work. My best friends will always be a major part of my world, and any boyfriend I have has to accept that, no questions asked.

When I told Carter about Zach's proposal, the results weren't near as positive. He said he didn't trust Zach, didn't think he was that great of a catch, and probably not really that good of a guy. Carter said he thought that he had heard Zach was a player, like so many of his teammates; someone not worthy of my heart. At the time, I had thought he was just not keen on football players, as his girlfriend had previously broken up with him to be with one of the football players, not that I know which one that is. I don't think I care to know, because that would probably just make me angrier at her for what she did to Carter.

But really, I should have listened to him.

~*~*~

I ended up accepting Zach's proposal, despite Carter's many warnings. We went out for dinner to a nice restaurant, to the movies, out for ice cream, and then he took me home. By the end, I was enchanted. He had made me smile and laugh; we even kissed at the end of the night. I had thought it was the beginning of my very own fairytale, and that Zach was my supposed "Prince Charming," as cliché as that sounded. He was the first to ever really show an interest in me, at least interest that I noticed, and I had thought it was meant to be. But sometimes firsts aren't all they seem.

I should have seen all the warning signs; they were like flashing lights on a dark highway.

Unfortunately, they are some lessons a person has to learn the hard way.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go/I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home/I'll spend forever wondering if you knew/This night is flawless, don't you let it go/I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone/I'll spend forever wondering if you knew/I was enchanted to meet you ~ Enchanted, Taylor Swift

---

So this is the start of my new book, My Best Friend, The Bad Boy! I was so excited to start writing this book, I could no longer wait to get farther ahead in my other book, In an Instant! I hope you guys like it! I had fun writing this, and since I'm so excited, and I've actually planned out some of the book this time, it might update faster than In an Instant, sorry :P

For those of you not currently reading In an Instant, I would appreciate it if you would check it out, please and thank you!!

Please VOTE, COMMENT AND FANGIRL!

Till next time lovelies,

~Talia :)