"Do you need me to come home?"

Jessie's POV

I woke up to my alarm going off and realized that breakfast was in half an hour.

I groaned as I walked to the bathroom did my business and brushed my teeth.

I walked back on and put on the Staff shorts, a random tee-shirt and a Staff sweater with mismatched socks.

I brushed my hair before deciding I was ready to head out.

Grabbing my bag, I slid on a beat up pair of hightops and walked out of my room and to the treatment room so I could wait for and check on Rose.

I yawned again as I entered the room and made a note to get some coffee at breakfast time.

While waiting for Rose, I played another game on my phone.

After a few minutes, I heard the door open and the sound of crutches filled the atmosphere so I looked up.

"Goodmorning," I said, putting my phone away.

"Goodmorning. Man rooming with Becky was intense last night. She was like my mom. Imagine if I was rooming with Mal. I would've messed up my foot more probably." She said as she sat down on the table as I stood up and grabbed a pair of gloves.

"Okay, the swelling went down, but its still not good. You're sitting out from practice today. I don't think we need to go to the doctor. I'm going to put another wrap on, and don't lie to me this time." I said, fully serious.

"Okay, I won't lie this time," Rose told me with a small smile.

"How's this?" I asked.

"Perfect,"

"Okay. During practice we're going to do elevation and icing, but you're free to head to the breakfast room if you'd like." I told the midfielder.

"Do you have anything else to do?" Not until after breakfast.

"Will you head over with me?" Rose asked me.

"Sure, let me just clean up real fast." I said before I took off my gloves and threw them in the trash before checking my bag again before deciding to leave it in here since I'll be in here again in a few hours.

"Okay I'm all set. I don't know about you, but I am in dire need of coffee." I said to Rose as we walked the fifty feet to the canteen area.

"It makes me wonder how Sonnett functions without it sometimes," Rose said.

"Oh goodness I'm not looking forward to this." I mumbled as I pushed open the doors which made the noise louder than expected.

I made a bee line for some coffee before I walked over to Vlatko to update him.

"Goodmorning, Vlatko," I said.

"Goodmorning. Is Rose alright? I saw her walk in on crutches." Vlatko said, genuinely concerned.

"She sprained her ankle last night. I don't think she can play in the friendly, and I'd like her to not practice today." I told him.

"Okay, thank you for taking care of her. Do you mind running practice today? I want you to do fitness." Vlatko said.

"Of course, it's my job," I told him before I was being dragged away.

"Woah! Watch the coffee!" I exclaimed as Julie dragged me to a table.

"Come on, don't be so grouchy, Jessie." The blonde said.

"No. I have a right to be tired. What if I wanted to sit with the staff?" I asked.